what youtube videos helped you the most to walk in 120mm+ heels?

kaleida

Aug 4, 2012
What youtube videos or tips helped you the most to walk in 120mm+ Louboutin heels?

Because I looooovvvvvvvve my Pigalle 120s so much aesthetically, and I have been trying to figure out how to walk in them for weeks, but it is so hard for me for some reason!! They are so close to the limit of my ankle flexibility. I want to get the nude Pigalle 120's someday if I can just figure out how to walk in the black ones.

When I walk in them it looks like: too much knee bending, and not enough hip/spine/torso movement.

And I read/watched/experimented enough to think that maybe those two problems are most likely related.

I am a tomboy and I have no idea how to move my hips. when I attempt to move my hips/spine/torso then it looks exaggerated and silly.

My latest experiment is walking around my house with dance music on so I can attempt to practice moving my pelvis and spine too instead of just my legs. And that's embarrassing, so sorry I can't post a video of my troubles
:biggrin:

Jul 12, 2009
UK-based, L.A.-bred
Hello! Personally, the most important thinngs for me in walking in 120s is the fit. So many things can throw off one off balance, so make sure your toes aren't being squished and stretch the toebox (using socks, the hair dryer trick, spray, vaseline, whatever), and make sure the heels fit. Get good quality heel grips if you need to make sure you don't have heel slippage. Also, I found putting rubber on the soles made walking in them MUCH easier because I don't feel like I'm overcompensating in my muscles to stabilise while walking.
Definitely practice at home on different surfaces and raise yourself on to your tiptoes frequently to build up your flexibility and your muscles. I learned to walk mainly from this thread. It was like my bible :https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-and-walking-with-confidence-on-120mm.614567/

With flexibility, also practice swaying your hips in conjuction with walking. Think about walking in a straight line with one foot crossing in front of the other, and let your hips swing into the flow. Again, leg muscles and core strength make this easier.

This video is useful for ways of building up flexibility and strength.
I agree with pretty much everything she suggests here
These tips work too but she's working with straps and a platform
Hope that helps! keep us updated! :smile:

Reactions: batbeauty15

kaleida

Aug 4, 2012
Hello! Personally, the most important thinngs for me in walking in 120s is the fit. So many things can throw off one off balance, so make sure your toes aren't being squished and stretch the toebox (using socks, the hair dryer trick, spray, vaseline, whatever), and make sure the heels fit. Get good quality heel grips if you need to make sure you don't have heel slippage. Also, I found putting rubber on the soles made walking in them MUCH easier because I don't feel like I'm overcompensating in my muscles to stabilise while walking.
Definitely practice at home on different surfaces and raise yourself on to your tiptoes frequently to build up your flexibility and your muscles. I learned to walk mainly from this thread. It was like my bible :https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-and-walking-with-confidence-on-120mm.614567/

With flexibility, also practice swaying your hips in conjuction with walking. Think about walking in a straight line with one foot crossing in front of the other, and let your hips swing into the flow. Again, leg muscles and core strength make this easier.

This video is useful for ways of building up flexibility and strength.
I agree with pretty much everything she suggests here
These tips work too but she's working with straps and a platform
Hope that helps! keep us updated! :smile:
Thank you! these videos helped :smile:

kaleida

Aug 4, 2012
guess what! I got to a point where I can walk comfortably in my 120mm Pigalles - enough to wear them outside my house for the very first time yesterday! (at the grocery store)

See how I did - I hope to improve it but for my first time out in public I think I did OK :smile:

These things helped me the most:
1. Smashing all my lower leg and top-of-foot muscles with a foam roller and oversize tennis ball; then stretching in plantarflexion immediately after smashing.
2. Weaning myself off caffeine, because drinking it was making my muscles tighten up again repeatedly after smashing and stretching.
3. This youtube video, which helped me understand that hip/torso movement, straighter knees, and footsteps in a straight line, are all parts of the same thing, they're not 3 separate goals. The right kind of hip movement allows for straighter knees, and straighter knees cause the right kind of hip movement. And footsteps in a straight line is a side effect of the shifting center of gravity caused by the right hip movement.
4. Walking around a lot in very long and very straight lines (at the mall) in a 100mm lower heel, to practice putting the parts together (hip movement + straighter knees + footsteps in a straight line) - this type of practice was not possible at my house because it only "clicked" when I had a long enough distance to get some momentum.

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
I started walking around in my house on plush carpeting, crazy I know but love the look of them. Toes first is the ticket.

kaleida

Aug 4, 2012
A 5th thing that helped me with this recently is using a compression band on my feet and ankles ... also called voodoo floss; it's a weird name but it's basically a stretchy latex band that you wrap around the foot or ankle or both, for just a minute or two, to compress it tightly and then you move the foot or ankle around while it is compressed. Doing this often causes a very loud "pop" sound in my ankle or foot joints, and then after that pop when I take off the band I have a bigger pain-free range of motion. I can also feel my ankle "locking" better during plantarflexion after I do this. I like it marginally better than the foam roller and tennis ball because it seems to do the same thing except faster.

Oh the things I do for my shoes.....lol!!