What you think of Wallets on a chain ?

Sa26

Aug 24, 2019
Hey everyone I’d like to ask you, what do you think in general of wallets on a chain ?

ive been thinking a lot about getting one but at the end I go for mini bags, do you consider them practical if you dont carry much on a regular basis or am I doing better for just going with small size bags ?

does anyone here has or had a WOC ? Did you like it or ended up regretting it ?

i see a lot of Youtubers jumping in that bandwagon and how they rave about them but sometimes I think it’s just worth getting one of you carry totes once in a while.
im always tempted about getting one but at the end I end up saying no it’s not my thing and not for my needs. I can go with mini bags instead ( not super mini ) but I just need to carry in my bag my sunglasses, my small wallet and my phone.

Not for me! The last time I tried that look was in the 1990s in school for purely practical reasons - to keep my wallet attached to my school uniform for security.

The only context now where I would consider using a chain (or lanyard) would be to keep my work security pass or keys attached to either my handbag or belt loops (again for security reasons).

Reactions: catastic
I bought a WOC as I was convinced I would be able to downsize enough for it. I don’t carry a lot (phone, keys, cards, hand sanitiser) and I could barely get it to fit nicely without being a pain or stretching the leather. Sold it and haven’t regretted it at all!!

Reactions: catastic
I personally like wallet on chains, but tend to go for mini bags as well, even tough there are a few WOCs I like! I have the classic Diorama wallet on chain in all gold, which size-wise is a lot like the Chanel WOC as well as the LV Twist WOC and I have to say I do like it and wear it quite a lot in summer when I don't need to take as much stuff with me as well as for evening events! I still don't wear it as much as I wear my mini bags though, so I think that's why I'm always holding back on buying another WOC!

I like WOCs. They have their own place in the bag world. I have a Lauren Ralph Lauren WOC, I really like it and I use it every now and then. It's my favorite evening bag and it's also very handy when I have a large bag and I want to have my phone, cash and cards so that they're easy to reach.

A colossal waste of money. I have one from Ralph Lauren and only use it to go to the nail salon. Even then, I sometimes carry a Coach wristlet if I need to run errands after getting my nails done. The WOC doesn’t fit my car fob which is a pain. It didn’t cost much, but I’m still mad about it.
A WOC that's more like a Chanel or a Diorama WOC is more practical. They can fit more because of their flat bottom. Also a car fob will probably fit. I got myself a tiny DKNY Sofia which is a lot like a Chanel WOC - I can fit my phone and LV 6 ring key holder in it.

Thanks everyone for Ther thoughts on them. I think I’m gonna pass then.
i guess as pretty as they are im gonn stick to mini bags, mini are more for me with my cardholder.

Most WOCs are very thin and I wouldn't recommend, the Chanel WOC on the other hand is more so a mini bag with card slots highly recommend
I agree. I had a Coach WOC and it was literally a wallet, and it just wasn’t functional. I have a Chanel WOC now and it fits my phone and my keys and a card holder. It’s great for evening or running errands and I love the way it looks.

Reactions: Amazona
I love them. I also have more of the larger ones that allow me to fit my iphone, lip colors, tissues, etc.

I use them when I want to me able to easily move about, when I’m working and already carrying a big bag (I can just grab the WOC for lunch out, etc.), and as a clutch for cocktails.

I have a Bottega Veneta mini Montebello WOC. It's similar to the Chanel WOC and I use it as an evening bag more than anything else. I like the versatility - it can easily become a clutch or slip into a tote.

Most WOCs do not fit sunglasses (esp if you have big sunglasses and don't want to smoosh them.) If that is important to you probably best to stick with a mini bag. That said, I love WOCs, minimalist and easy to organize. I never use as a wallet inside another bag (too big for that), only as a clutch or as a small shoulder bag.

Mini bags usually look silly to me w/ proportions, but it depends on the specific bag and its wearer's height.

Reactions: theprettymiss