What you Gave Up for a LV?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I started riding public transportation to work instead of driving everyday.

2. I'm very lucky! I only started buying LV after I landed my first full-time job, before that I was already being very stingy with myself (no outside food, no movies etc) because I was spending all my money on investments. Now that I'm full-time, I still save for investing, and I still don't eat out or go to the movies, but I do buy LV with the little bit of extra I allow myself now :smile: I get a lot of co-workers wondering why I still "live" like a uni student, but I'm actually very comfortable like this :smile: I've never been the sort to buy coffees or eat out much so I don't miss anything :smile:

3. Basically clothes.....I use to buy alot of clothes but would end of not really wearing them or keeping some for years on end with no real use....so I think that getting LVs and using them as much as I do is better....

And the good thing is that like many of you...I think about not spending on frivious things to save more for LVs.....like more lipglosses or more black pumps..etc....nothing I really miss anywayz...it works out well!!!!

4. For me basically, it's been all the bags in my collection that I was really on the fence about.
    I sold off (and I'm sure MANY TPFers would agree with this) a bunch of Moni Moni bags in order to fund my beautiful LV Mono Speedy 35 that I JUST came home with not two minutes ago (and I'm ALREADY on the computer!!! :hrmm:).
    After leaving the store I'm CONVINCED I now need to sell more stuff on eBay to fund even MORE LV purchases in the future.
    Oh - and I sell a lot of my Mom's estate stuff (she passed away several years ago) so that sees some nice funds every now and again.
    :woohoo::sweatdrop:

5. ~I'd just pick up extra call shifts at work to fund my Louie. So no relaxation for me if I've a bag in mind:nogood:!! NO rest for the weary:Push:~

6. No giving up- just started using coupons for regular household items & food.

7. - cutting down on my shoes purchase
    - not buying any other bags
    - cut down on my diamond purchase

8. I sold ALL of my Coachies (which was quite a collection) to fund a Dior, 3 Rebecca Minkoffs, and of course 2 LVs :heart:

9. Well, i'm giving up a good portion of my non-LV bags so I can put that money towards my next LV.
    I also have cut back spending on clothing drastically this year, and when I do decide to buy a piece of clothing I make sure it's not too trendy!
    Saving my pennies also helps:P

10. One time near my birthday we were walking down Rodeo and my husband pulled me into Cartier and asked if I wanted a LOVE ring as a birthday present. I thought about it and since I already wear my wedding ring and also a ring on my right-hand, I really had nowhere to put it so I told him I wanted to go to LV instead.

So I guess I gave up a Cartier Love ring!

11. well i havent realy cut back on much...but

i did the math and IF i did (which I CANT) cut back on coffee id save about 1500! a year....those large 4.25 dollar iced caramel lattes everyday add up!!!

12. I haven't really given up on anything. In fact, the more LV I buy, the more clothes and shoes I wanna get (to match). I'm outta control! LOL

13. Other cheaper handbags and tried to buy less clothes.

14. Wow where do I begin? First, I was putting premium gas on my economical 4-door car even though it can run just fine on regular gas. So, I switched to regular. I buy toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. at either WinCo or Wal-Mart where I can get them super cheap. I only buy clothes when they're on sale (at least 50% off the retail price) and get this, I wash my clothes on either delicate cycle or light-wash to reduce wear and tear. Since weight lifting is my hobby, I only buy my protein powders during BOGO sales once a month at GNC. Yet, I do not hesitate even for a slight second to drop $$$ on a new LV bag that makes my heart jump. I feel such a dork!

15. Cut back on Starbucks and stopped impulse shopping for awhile. One day I just realized how much clothes I had that still had tags on them and yet I still shopped for more..geez!