What would you wear with.....

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
What would you wear with these pants and this boot?

image.jpg

The pants are a little more saturated green than the pic. A really pretty neutral, but definitely green, not brown. (Although I'll probably get the brown ones tomorrow. ;) )

I love these pants and boots together, but I'm not sure what to wear on top!

If I add a blazer, it looks VERY equestrian, like a cliche. I don't ride horses much.

I kind of want to tone down the theme, but still look cute and slightly effortless. :P

The boots kind of imply cooler weather, so I think a completer piece is in order. I would probably do at least a top and a completer piece to balance out the boots.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Maybe instead of a blazer, try a light jacket (since it's winter you can wear it inside). Zara has plenty or you could try J-Crew. They have many great alternatives to the blazer look. Also, how about a denim jacket? You could do button downs or even a sweater if chosen correctly. If you go into your closet and try things on with it, chances are you will find many things that will go.

I love the look.

I'd wear an oversize, boyfriend-style sweater in ivory with a scarf that captures elements of green and brown along with with a third color - probably navy.

Love the pants and boots, by the way!

Dark brown roll neck or high-V neck cashmere or wool jumper (sweater) under and a military-style double-breasted coat undone over (not too long)

If it were me, I would pair it with a lovely empire-waist top and a jacket. I know that empire-waist tops aren't necessarily in anymore, but I adore them. They look good on me, and I love them back. :smile:

Go for a contrast - pair the equestrian style boots with a field jacket. You can buy authentic ones from a military supply store (there are also military apparel suppliers online) or inspired ones from J. Crew, Zara, etc. They come in a range of colors, not just the military-green you may be picturing. Navy might be nice and would go with a lot of other things too.

Thanks everyone! I'll probably try most of your ideas. I have some of the pieces you suggested.

I tried on big ivory sweaters while shopping yesterday. I learned that anything with wool feels scratchy. :sad: I did not try on the expensive dry clean only sweaters because I wasn't going to buy them anyway. I had better luck with cotton and blends. My favorite sweaters that I own are silk, but I didn't find those anywhere yesterday.

Still not comfortable with the big silhouette. Most of my sweaters are fitted. I found a few big things in the closet that I can play with: sweaters and nicer sweatshirts and tunics. The crisp white tops look great! I would have never thought of those, or navy.

I think I just need to enjoy the process of looking and not finding. ;) I do/did love the stuff in my closet, so I'll start there.

Found a navy military jacket on Nordstrom Rack for Hautelook:

image.jpg

It's similar to my olive parka, which I like with the olive pants and cognac boots, except for the color. I think this will be versatile since it is lightweight and I'm always taking layers off. Thanks for the suggestion!

I was a little reluctant to buy because I have four other blue jackets (2 denim, 2 leather) but they are all short. This would solve the length problem and obviously I wear blue a lot, so..... :P

The faux fur collar is removable. I wonder if I can modify it to use it temporarily on other jackets like my black faux fur collar. IF I like it.

Although I did not find an ivory sweater while shopping yesterday, I found a light peach big sweater in my closet which coincidentally seems to be a very light version of the cognac in the boots. So I might try that too. I also found a very fitted citron sweater which is a lighter version of the olive. I look like a ski bunny in it, so I'm not sure if I'll use it, but I can always wear the navy jacket over it.

I also have the short khaki trench. That might be OK with the right scarf.

You guys have been so helpful. THANKS!

I think blazers would be fine with these pants - just to avoid the 'horse' look, choose carefully (eg avoid navy lol) - magenta pink would look lovely and add some feminime accessories (if that's your thing.