What would you wear to a MTV party?

1. Looking for ideas.

What would you wear to a MTV party in New York?

:flowers:

2. embroidered black dress by elie saab couture or some of these rhinestone dolce&gabbana numbers. it is new york it is mtv so go rock´n´roll wild and leave oscar de la renta at home

3. ^^^ :yes:

How fun Sonya!!! I would stay away from pieces that are currently out there for fear that someone else would be wearing it... That would be my worst fear!

I would do casual-glam.

4. I was thinking casual-glam too ... but what exactly? I have a couple of ideas but I'm trying to gauge whether they are in sync with the hyper trendy LA meets NY scene.

5. my initial thoughts...

Bottoms: tailored denim pencil skirt w/ all the right details. It doesn't have to be denim.. but this will make it casual.

Tops... anything can go w/ denim and maybe a catchy necklace (depends on the top?).

I think the major part of the outfit should be the shoes. Something very A-typical.

OR

Maybe a really unique dress (lanvin style -- I just love his dresses, especially from a couple of years back), paired w/ some sandals.

As for the scene, I think you'll get a mix of styles. LA is way more underdressed than NY because near the beach. Plus I think that everyone in LA wears around the same style... it's like a mass collective--outfits are predictable, while NYers tend to stick to their own individual style, for the most part --- it seems that there are cliques to certain trends that go on in NY.

I think you should just expect an assortment of all kinds of styles at the party.

6. I think I'd go for a 70s glam inspired look - like a vintage dress slinky with metallic heels and clutch. I don't know if its too overdone lately, but I really like that look. It also depends on you hairstyle and look and what looks might suit you.

Hmm, I'd probably do something with clean lines and not too artsy/avant garde looking if you're thinking about the LA/NYC crowd mixing up. I'd also pick a standout piece like a piece of vintage jewelry or shoes or a clutch, something unusual. I sometimes go with that piece first and build my outfit around it.

It might also be fun to do a non-black dress or perhaps you could wear black and then mix up the shoes - like that SATC episode - ok well maybe that is too derivative, but I keep meaning to try that out myself.

I also like the idea of a D&G corset dress - well if they still make those - I haven't been in D&G in awhile.

7. Something trendy but not overdone. ie, platforms instead of wedges. Given I haven't lived in NY for a few yrs now so I don't know whats super hot until my mag. subscriptions come :rant:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice