What would YOU want to see?

Jan 1, 2012
Hi TPFers! I haven't been in the Coach forum for a bit and I wanted to stop buy to ask a quick question...

I'm considering listing a couple of the bags that I've barely and rarely used on eBay.

The bags are 100% authentic and I would include the gift boxes/duster bag I store them in.

I plan to add pix to my listing but this would be my first time selling so I don't really know what kinds of shots to take :-/

My question is what kinds of pictures and info would YOU like to see in an eBay listing for a bag you were interested in purchasing.

Front, back, bottom, sides, hangtags, one inside shot and the Coach creed. Also any imperfections should be listed in the description. Make sure to list the style and number of the bag in the listing title so more people find it if they are doing a search.

Maybe, but some mod shots turn me off. I hate seeing a bag I might buy being held in someone's armpit. The best is if you have a mannequin.

Lol, I agree! I've seen bags that I've liked and didn't buy because of the way it was modeled. If you have a lot of bags to sell, buy a cheap shower curtain for a background and let the bag sell itself. Maybe have someone else hold the handle to show the strap drop, then crop the fingers out of the pic.

Make sure you include all measurements and state if the handle drop is long enough to wear on the shoulder.

Another thing to think about: sometimes modeling shots can make a bag look smaller than it really is.

Watch on including boxes. They add to the size of the box and unless you use Parcel Post, shipping is costly.

Use calculated shipping and let the buyer chose the method since you live near a coast.

whateve said:
Make sure you include all measurements and state if the handle drop is long enough to wear on the shoulder.

Another thing to think about: sometimes modeling shots can make a bag look smaller than it really is.

Totally agree! Mod shots can make a bag appear bigger than it actually is too (speaking from personal experience, lol)!

Front, back, bottom, sides, hangtags, one inside shot and the Coach creed. Also any imperfections should be listed in the description. Make sure to list the style and number of the bag in the listing title so more people find it if they are doing a search.

Agree...clear photos & measurements as well..

The more info you provide the less chance of a problem..