What would you say is the Fall 2008 "IT" bag?

:shrugs:i'm seriously baffled on this one. as much as i love my bags, i really haven't seen anything out there that has "wowed" me. the best looking bag i've seen this year thus far is probably from the Donna Karan collection or the Saba in grey or red. However I already have a Saba and I'm not that much into the Donna Karan bag. They say Fringe is in. They also say patents, metallica and exotics will remain big as well as bold colors.:shrugs:

According to the fashion magazines, the days of the It bag are over.
Now we are supposed to be buying something quality and non-trendy that will last us for a long time.

I miss the It bag hype! I loved the quest for the unobtainable.

Based on glossy magazines alone I'd say something Gucci or the lace handbag/clutch (I've only seen one of them) that matches the lace Prada dresses everyone is gaga over.

Personally I think the Prada fits the "IT" bag definition. Very seasonal, very expensive, probably very hard to find, and not necessarily something everyone can wear every day.

I think Chloe's Paraty might be a hit for 08 fall.

i agree. if being featured on celebs and the tabloids are what makes an "it" bag then the chloe paraty is way ahead of the game. so far kate bosworth, mary kate olsen, katie holmes, and charlize theron have been photographed with it.

people say the "it" bag is dead, but i think the idea is very much alive. the fashion industry wants to distance themselves from this term and the image that comes with it because it supposedly carries the stigma of unoriginality and rampant consumerism, but if it's what you like then so what?

I really love the Linea Pelle Dylan zip tote in black or leaf. I think it's a perfect carryall from casual to business style. Structured but slouchy. LOVE!

I def agree. I see the Linea Pelle Dylan Zip Tote everywhere! I would love it in the crimson color, but I need to save my $$$, I just got back from a two week European trip.