What would you say is the best place for visitors to go to in your city/town?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I live in London and could spend whole afternoons in Convent Garden, you have all different types of shops, nice markets to browse thorugh, theatres, opera house, al fresco dining, street theatre, dance studios, clubs, all just 5 mins walk from each other.

2. I live in northern VA, so, everyone either goes to Old Town, Georgetown, or D.C. Tons of resturants and shopping! :biggrin:

3. For Boston, probably the Back Bay for shopping, and South End for dinner.

4. In the Philippines - probably Boracay. We have the best beaches there!

Up north - the Banaue Rice Terraces. :tup:

But hey...we have 7,107 islands. There a LOT of options!

5. #5 Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    In minneapolis I'd say uptown. Its fun and eclectic. But don't just go by lake and hennepin. Its too comercial. Head further down towards the lyn lake area of uptown. More interesting boutiques and vintage stores.

And in toronto I'd have to say downtown around bloor and eaton centre (AMAZING shopping and loads of shiny things).

6. In Nashville, TN, everyone who comes has to experience Lower Broad & all the Honky Tonks - even if you're not in to country music, it has a certain entertainment value to see all the fake cowboys & cowgirls.

I love the Village, by Vanderbilt - trendy, good nightlife. I'd say definitely try some Hot Chicken - it's a Nashville thing.

High end shopping is great in Green Hills and outlet shopping at Opry Mills (we call it Shopryland - it sits where the theme park used to) & in Lebanon.

7. God, I love London. Just walking the streets is fun. :heart:

8. In Charlotte, Southpark area has the best shopping!! NoDa for the artsy hippy scene and art galleries. I love the Dilworth and Myers Park areas to look at homes and get inspiration. There are some good restaurants in Dilworth too.

If they have time, up to Lake Norman and Davidson. Its fun walking around up in those areas, very pretty and peaceful.

And of course uptown for good food, good fun, and sitting outside with a yummy martini!