What would you rather have > Vache Liegee Chocolate or Vache Liegee Rouge H

i think both color are fabulous esp. for the fall season. but come to think of it, these colors are great for any season - the chocolate is great with khakis and the rouge will be perfect with white and blue for the nautical look....just my $ 0.02 cents.

the VL has that rigide look that's just formal and rare, i think. i vote for any VL even if it's $ 1000 over the regular leather (togo, clemence)!

it boils down to what you don't have color-wise and bag-wise, does it even get harder for you???

mrssparkles said:
Yes, I already have a birkin.

I have been buying shoulder totes, for ease of carrying when I am with my tots, and a Birkin breaks that pattern. It is just so hard to hold a Birkin on one arm and carry my 2 year old in the other. I tried it, and was frustrated. So now, I would only use a Birkin when I am on my own - solo solo.

How flexible is a Kelly for the night? Somehow, I am finding it difficult to envision a lady in a long evening gown and carrying a Kelly. So seriously speaking, I need help here.

I'm a SAHM too with a 19-month old. I definitely use the Birkins more than the Kelly, but I also restrict my Birkins to when I'm alone or with my DH who can wheel DD around. I also seem to be much more of a packrat in what I carry in my bags these days so with a child it's handy to dump some of their things in the Birkin which I couldn't do with the Kelly.

I think the Kelly would work well for a night out with hubby--even a casual dinner and the Rouge H would look fabulous with jeans or dress pants; the shoulder strap is great if you're running a quick errand with the baby and need the bare minimum for yourself in your purse. One thing to keep in mind is that our babies will not be babies forever so think about which one you'll carry more in the future once the tots are more independent, and we can kiss those diaper bags goodbye! :yahoo:

orchids said:
I'm a SAHM too with a 19-month old. I definitely use the Birkins more than the Kelly, but I also restrict my Birkins to when I'm alone or with my DH who can wheel DD around. I also seem to be much more of a packrat in what I carry in my bags these days so with a child it's handy to dump some of their things in the Birkin which I couldn't do with the Kelly.

I think the Kelly would work well for a night out with hubby--even a casual dinner and the Rouge H would look fabulous with jeans or dress pants; the shoulder strap is great if you're running a quick errand with the baby and need the bare minimum for yourself in your purse. One thing to keep in mind is that our babies will not be babies forever so think about which one you'll carry more in the future once the tots are more independent, and we can kiss those diaper bags goodbye! :yahoo:

Thanks, orchids. You have helped me a bundle in setting me straight. I should really take a step back to rationalise my choice properly. I was all over the place before, and now I better think carefully.

pazt said:
the VL has that rigide look that's just formal and rare, i think. i vote for any VL even if it's $ 1000 over the regular leather (togo, clemence)!

it boils down to what you don't have color-wise and bag-wise, does it even get harder for you???

I am 'seduced' by VL because of feedback that it is light or even lighter than chevre. And I like the textured look of VL. And my thinking is that the lightness of VL would compensate for the width of the 35cm. Am I right to think this way?

mrssparkles said:
fopduck, to be honest, I can't wait to see it IRL. I hope by the time I get to see it, it has not been sold!
S, you can go check out the bag this morning. If you need more time to think it over, you could ask them to hold the bag for you for a few days while you consider. I'm sure they will do that for you! :flowers:

gigi leung said:
S, you can go check out the bag this morning. If you need more time to think it over, you could ask them to hold the bag for you for a few days while you consider. I'm sure they will do that for you! :flowers:

I've no time, Gigi! Taking off today, and I have a laundry list of errands to run before my flight. I'm in between packing and popping in and out of tPF. And I still need to squeeze in time to visit Comex at Singapore Expo, for a new notebook (why? I have been visiting tPF in the late hours of the night, in the darkness whilst my tots sleep, and my husband reckons my 6/6 vision is going to down the tube if I don't do something about it!)

mrssparkles said:
I've no time, Gigi! Taking off today, and I have a laundry list of errands to run before my flight. I'm in between packing and popping in and out of tPF.
I see...if that's the case, call the Store Manager & tell her to hold the bag for you till you're back!

mrssparkles said:
And I still need to squeeze in time to visit Comex at Singapore Expo, for a new notebook (why? I have been visiting tPF in the late hours of the night, in the darkness whilst my tots sleep, and my husband reckons my 6/6 vision is going to down the tube if I don't do something about it!)
Oh my! :lol: If you're reading PF in darkness, you probably need a PowerBook with backlit keyboard, or get a notebook with a clip-on mini torch!
*I'm having mental image of myself wearing a camping torchlight on my forehead...during my expedition days, i mean *

Here's an update as to what has happened ....

Whilst I was away (in a very very poor 3rd world country), the Rouge H VL found its new owner. I couldn't help but wonder if all this talk about the bag alerted a Kelly hunter, and as a result, I could not even get to see it.

All is not lost. Since I returned, I evaluated in greater detail what style of a Kelly I would be interested in (again, I am not familiar with a Kelly), and I can say for sure that I prefer outside stitching (it's called Rigidie, is it? What does sellier mean?), since it will help to keep the shape of the bag better. I have been looking at all your beautiful Kellys, and I think a stiffer bag is my preference for fine dining restaurants.

Having said that, I am totally clueless on leather and colour. For a change, I think I should opt for gold hardware. I would like recommendations on what type of leather would be best for say, a 28cm or 32cm rigidie Kelly? No exotic leathers, as I cannot afford it. And I want to leave room in the future to covet a ostrich or croc H bag.

PS: I actually bought the 35cm Choc Vache Liegee Birkin w/Pall. It is being fedexed to me as I post.