What would you pick?

armcandy3

lab rat
Jan 7, 2011
Well ladies my birthday is approaching soon so I'm contemplating new additions. With my bag fund and birthday cash I'll have 1000 max I think.

I can't decide either to go for 1 new season bag or a couple of preloved beauties. Originally I said the present full rrp was not for but I keep flitting towards the valentines alexa (no ordinary bag!) do I make an exception and dump my principles for this red beauty or.... Do I get 2 bags instead of one. I'd go for preloved styles which I have always desired, probably classics too. A few I'm watching for- (oak roxy, a bays with a difference, an old style effie, a barnaby or a clutch of some sort, maybe lily- these are my options)

What should I do? I change my mind daily. My new rule is I must use all my bags or they're for the chop. I don't have any pops of colour but fear if I buy valentine I won't want use as she's too beautiful and will just want to admire her. But I think she'd have a good resale value and won't always be available. But she's soo expensive for me. Aargh! ... Help! ..... SOS

I have the Valentine Alexa, it was expensive and I'm not afraid to use it. I think if you buy a bag with the intention of admiring it or hoping for a return in the future it's a pointless exercise. If you like this bag and will use it, definitely go for it, you won't see it again.

I think you should go and look at the red Alexa and any new season bags that may take your fancy. Sometimes seeing the bag irl can give you the answer to your problem. You may hate the red and decide it won't work with your clothes and decide to go for one of your other choices.

What an exciting decision to have to make!

Will you use the valentine's alexa?... does red fit well into your wardrobe and life? There is no doubt that she is absolutely gorgeous, but if she's going to sit in her dustbag in your wardrobe, then that would be a total waste of money... Yes, she might have a good resale value, but surely you want to invest in the right bag/s for you - not a transitionary bag?

Well ladies my birthday is approaching soon so I'm contemplating new additions. With my bag fund and birthday cash I'll have 1000 max I think.

I can't decide either to go for 1 new season bag or a couple of preloved beauties. Originally I said the present full rrp was not for but I keep flitting towards the valentines alexa (no ordinary bag!) do I make an exception and dump my principles for this red beauty or.... Do I get 2 bags instead of one. I'd go for preloved styles which I have always desired, probably classics too. A few I'm watching for- (oak roxy, a bays with a difference, an old style effie, a barnaby or a clutch of some sort, maybe lily- these are my options)

What should I do? I change my mind daily. My new rule is I must use all my bags or they're for the chop. I don't have any pops of colour but fear if I buy valentine I won't want use as she's too beautiful and will just want to admire her. But I think she'd have a good resale value and won't always be available. But she's soo expensive for me. Aargh! ... Help! ..... SOS
Oh wow i havent a clue what i would so still thinking for you.
Cant wait to see what u will decide.

I had exact same decision over the past few weeks i saved up like mad for slate mini del rey and when i went to see it didnt jump up and down desperate to pay i said i would think it over. i started scanning ebay and ended up buying the 3 yummy finds over in my thread for a little bit more than the mdr cost and im sooooooooooo happy :smile:

If you really love the red and can see your self using it then go for it, but i would defo go for the preloved, then you would have 2/3 bags to use for diffrent occasions and 3 beautiful bags :biggrin:

I think you need to go see valentine's Alexa or order it and see whether you like it. If it is not for you, then return and get two preloved babies that you have been craving, like bays and lily.

I have the Valentine Alexa, it was expensive and I'm not afraid to use it. I think if you buy a bag with the intention of admiring it or hoping for a return in the future it's a pointless exercise. If you like this bag and will use it, definitely go for it, you won't see it again.

Hi Gillian I think I will use it as long at the leather is not too delicate. I had watermelon alexa and quite enjoyed using it, I didn't harshly treat it and it wasn't used frequently. Yet I could slight rubbing on the corners after only a handful of uses. My hopes are the goatskin would be more hard wearing than the buffalo. What do you think?

What an exciting decision to have to make!

Will you use the valentine's alexa?... does red fit well into your wardrobe and life? There is no doubt that she is absolutely gorgeous, but if she's going to sit in her dustbag in your wardrobe, then that would be a total waste of money... Yes, she might have a good resale value, but surely you want to invest in the right bag/s for you - not a transitionary bag?

I think I will use alexa as I find that style suits me and my lifestyle well. Colour wise should be fine too, I quite enjoyed watermelon so valentine would fill the void left from that. I suppose I'm dithering over the price.

I think you should go and look at the red Alexa and any new season bags that may take your fancy. Sometimes seeing the bag irl can give you the answer to your problem. You may hate the red and decide it won't work with your clothes and decide to go for one of your other choices.

I think you need to go see valentine's Alexa or order it and see whether you like it. If it is not for you, then return and get two preloved babies that you have been craving, like bays and lily.

Good advice I can't possibly make a decision until I have seen alexa irl. I'm intrigued as to how the goatskin will be compared to buffalo. I will try to schedule a trip to Edinburgh or Glasgow (wherever has them) this week. If its love at first sight then that could seal the deal.

I had exact same decision over the past few weeks i saved up like mad for slate mini del rey and when i went to see it didnt jump up and down desperate to pay i said i would think it over. i started scanning ebay and ended up buying the 3 yummy finds over in my thread for a little bit more than the mdr cost and im sooooooooooo happy :smile:

I remember how much you had desired slate del ray too and your dilemma. If I could keep away from ebay I wouldn't have his quandary but that never going to happen. There are so many old styles I love too and their prices are more realistic and in my budget.

I remember how much you had desired slate del ray too and your dilemma. If I could keep away from ebay I wouldn't have his quandary but that never going to happen. There are so many old styles I love too and their prices are more realistic and in my budget.

I love ebay, i have no bag money untill i sell some stuff but im still looking way to often hehehe

If you really love the red and can see your self using it then go for it, but i would defo go for the preloved, then you would have 2/3 bags to use for diffrent occasions and 3 beautiful bags :biggrin:

I know my sensible head tells me preloved is much more purse friendly for me and I can't go wrong with classic nvt leather. My heart says valentine won't always be there and the preloved old styles will keep popping up. Haha