What would you pay for a MC Speedy?

VioletSofia

Nov 30, 2010
So I was two seconds away from going to my LV store to buy their only black MC Speedy but I decided to check Ebay for it first although I've never purchased a handbag on Ebay because I've been scared. SO, I bought one on Ebay. It's in beautiful condition, light patina, little bit of scratching on the buckle and surrounding hardware and super clean inside. What would you have paid? Like even if you hate the bag, pretend you love it and then answer that question.

Thanks,
VS

As a seller myself, a black MC Speedy in the condition you describe could probably sell for $1000-1400 easily, most of the more used ones still sell for up to $1000 and those are ones with a darker patina.

So I was two seconds away from going to my LV store to buy their only black MC Speedy but I decided to check Ebay for it first although I've never purchased a handbag on Ebay because I've been scared. SO, I bought one on Ebay. It's in beautiful condition, light patina, little bit of scratching on the buckle and surrounding hardware and super clean inside. What would you have paid? Like even if you hate the bag, pretend you love it and then answer that question.

Thanks,
VS

Girls and boys I bought that MC I was speaking of in the original post for 1425! It was down to the last second and I had a max bid of 1650. It's it fantastic condition, I asked the seller why she sold so low, I guess she had a buy it now price of 1100 before the auction! Wow! She said she was trying to sell it a week or more ago to get money for her kids Christmas presents and the buyer backed out. SO she was in a big hurry and just wanted money asap so put the buy it now for 1100 figuring it wouldn't take long to get a buyer. Anyway once someone bid on it, the buy it now price went away and it was then an auction. She said she had a lot of interested people that asked her to stop the auction and they would buy it for such and such price but she didn't think it was fair to other bidders. Her ethics and urgency to sell was my gain! I'm so excited, I was so so so close to going to LV and paying retail for their last MC yesterday. Finally got a break.:yahoo:

I know the exact bag you are talking about. That bag is gorgeous, and I think you got a very decent price on it. Congrats on your new bag! I know you will love it, I have both the black and white and they are my favorite bags.

I know the exact bag you are talking about. That bag is gorgeous, and I think you got a very decent price on it. Congrats on your new bag! I know you will love it, I have both the black and white and they are my favorite bags.

I know I will love mine. I love the black, it just pops with those multi-colored LV's. It was certainly the better bag of any other MC speedy being auctioned.

$1500 sound totally reasonable! I was at the store the other night and a woman asked about this bag and they had one in white, they took it out, it was so beautiful and brand new, no dark patina or nothing!! She was so excited so bought it!

I own the Multicolor Keepall in black and I paid almost $2500 with tax at the store, and to be completely honest, its worth every penny, I would probably pay more if I had to!

All in all you got a great deal!

I bought mine at a steal it is super clean with caramel patina (so not dark at all)with couple water spots, minor wear on the hardware... $760... dust bag, key/cles, tags, all in tact.

I bought mine at a steal it is super clean with caramel patina (so not dark at all)with couple water spots, minor wear on the hardware... $760... dust bag, key/cles, tags, all in tact.

^^^^ Wow! What a great price. Your situation is not the norm. A price between $1000 - 1400 would be a steal.

VioletSophia Congradulations on your purchase. Can't wait to see pictures.

Last edited:
IMG_7217.jpg

I bought this one for $1345.