What would YOU have done?

Rico still has his man stuff? The humane society usually has low cost spay/neuter programs, eventhough you don't want to spend any more money. You probably all ready know this but when you take him for his vacc's next week make sure they give him the bordatella injection not the nasal. Otherwise they could just be assembly lining vacc's and not notice he is a chi.

I'm so happy little Rico man was saved by you, I dread to think what could happen to him if someone else got him or if was still on the streets.

Rico still has his man stuff? The humane society usually has low cost spay/neuter programs, eventhough you don't want to spend any more money. You probably all ready know this but when you take him for his vacc's next week make sure they give him the bordatella injection not the nasal. Otherwise they could just be assembly lining vacc's and not notice he is a chi.

I'm so happy little Rico man was saved by you, I dread to think what could happen to him if someone else got him or if was still on the streets.

He definitely still has his man parts! On that flier it says they are giving away free Spay/Neuter so I will sign him up for that.

Excuse my ignorance....why cant they give him the nasal injection? My vet doesnt do that, so in all honesty, I didnt even know there was one, but whats wrong with it?

Well, my friend just called, she isnt going to take him because of his long hair and the shedding. But, she has already talked to a few people she knows and is getting the word out about him. Im going to compose an Email with his photo and all of his information in it so she can email it to the people she knows.

We are on a mission to find Rico a good home!

I don't know the specifics, but for some reason Chi's can get sick or have a reaction to it as opposed to an injection. Are you a member of meetup.com? Maybe there is a Chi group in your area that you can contact to help find a home for him.

hi val!!! i am just catching up with this thread!!!! he's suuuuchh a cutie! any chance you are comiing to texas soon? LOL...i would take him!!! I'm serious!

i would have done the same thing as you...i probably would have kept him...grayxie's idea is good...there is a Chi meetup group here in austin and just the other day there was a whole email campaign to save a little chi girl and they finally found her an owner so she would nto be euthanized...all via email! so the meetup site is a good one!

keep us updated!

Thanks for the info Grayxie!

Im in Las Vegas, NV for all of the fellow tPF doggie lovers! We go on vacations often, will be in Cali end of March and going on a road trip in early July to Ohio/Arkansas. If someone is in another State that we drive through, I would so hang on to him until then and drop him off! I would love for him to go to a fellow tPFer!

He has some behavioral problems, but Im working on that. He snapped at me today when I pointed at him and told him "No" for tearing up yet another napkin I dropped on the floor (maybe I should stop dropping napkins? lmao). He thinks he's the leader of the pack:Push:

I think some of that is because he isn't neutered. By boys are neutered, but one of them challenges me all the time. When this occurs I give him the stare down to let him know who is alpha, in the end he is the one that turns his head away first. Do you deepen your tone of voice when you reprimand him?
Have you tried teaching him the "leave it" command? If he is food driven it shouldn't be that hard.

^^Yes, I do deepen my voice.

Ill try the "Leave It" command, he's smart, so I know he will catch on quickly.

I was thinking it was because he isnt neutered too. I hope it helps a little when he gets neutered.

mm, last time I did that, with another Chihuahua I found, he ended up SOLD for $300.00! The only reason I found out the people I gave him to sold him is because the new owners put up a LOST ad on Craigslist (ironic, huh?) and I opened it and the picture was of the dog I gave away! I contacted the people and they said they bought him in the parking lot of a bar for $300.00! The people who sold them the dog said he was a PUPPY (he was like 3y/o!).

So, now that I have a horror story to go along with craigslist, I'd rather not list him on there.

Im still looking. Tomorrow is neuter/shots day at the community center! Maybe I can find him a home while Im there.

The pound is the LAST RESORT, but time is def. winding down:crybaby:.

In the mean time, since he is getting his shots+neutered for FREE, Im trying to convince my SO to let me keep him. It was that extra $$ for shots/neuter that was weighing on us.

Anyone here want him?:graucho:

I dunno, we will see...

Thank you for that, the one in Nevada says...

http://justinsstory.freewebpages.org/page4.htm
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"Bluskies Small Animal Rescue is currently closed." :crybaby:[/SIZE][/FONT]