What would you have done differently?

hwballew

May 16, 2014
Now that you have more knowledge in Louboutins, what would you have done differently if you were just now picking out your first pair?

I know I would have bought mine a half or whole size larger so I could pad them, or I would have avoided patent leather for mine.

I would certainly have bought the original original Pigalle 130's when they first came out and more Pigalle 120's 1 size down. I would also have bought ALL my Louboutins at least one size down so I would not have had to sell my Pigalles and So Kates that developed that terrible heel gap... you know what they say - live and learn !

I wouldn't have sized down on any of my pairs. So much pain is not worth it imho, it shows on our features and it is not pretty. And I would have kept one pair of Pigalle Plato 120mm in black kid that I returned. What was I thinking?

Now that you have more knowledge in Louboutins, what would you have done differently if you were just now picking out your first pair?

I know I would have bought mine a half or whole size larger so I could pad them, or I would have avoided patent leather for mine.
I would have read the forum on purchasing CL shoes, however I have survive on sizing so far. For me, my true to size is 7.5 so all of my CL pumps I purchase in Size 8 . At 7.5 size they were too uncomfortable and painful to the point my feet were cramping in my shoes and wanted to cry and take them off so fast Lol. And at size 8.5 in pumps there is a gap and heel spillage so I stick to size 8 on CL pumps after much heartache because these shoes are quite a penny.

I would have purchsed them TTS in nearly every case and I would have purchased Simple 100s in the older cut in every non-patent color I could find.

I wouldn't have sized down on any of my pairs. So much pain is not worth it imho, it shows on our features and it is not pretty. And I would have kept one pair of Pigalle Plato 120mm in black kid that I returned. What was I thinking?
It's interesting how CL's fit diferent people differently. I bought my first 2 pairs tts and they stretched so much I had to sell them to a g/f. I have bought all my recent CL's at least 1 size down (1.5 sizes down in my suede So Kates) and after a few wears they mold to my feet and I NEVER have heel gap anymore. I remember one TPFer saying she wore a size 8 and the SA at the CL shop recommended a size 6 !

That bis the same for most of us dear - these CL's are such an addiction ! Which do you have now ?

I have mostly Pigalle (100 and 120). Some So Kate, several Apsotrophy and a few old models. My big problem is if I like a model I need to have it in all available colors.

What are your favorites ?

Definitely the Pigalle Spikes. Unfortunately they come in a lot of different colors :cry:

That bis the same for most of us dear - these CL's are such an addiction ! Which do you have now ? What are your favorites ?
I do have a few pairs, but my favorite is the So Kate, currently own in Rough Noir and Black kid Leather . I love the stiletto of these more that the Pigalle 120 that I purchase last year in black and nude.