What Would You Do?

Goofydes

O.G.
May 18, 2010
I finally got my little paws on an Always On regular size Julian backpack with the oil slick hardware. I ordered it from a reputable department store and the problem is that when it arrived I quickly realized it was a customer return and the previous person decided to keep the charging tassel. The dust bag and the extra leather strips were there and the hardware was not wrapped. I really love the backpack. The leather is super soft and I like the oil slick hardware. Honestly, I would never use the charging tassel because according to the literature that came with the bag it is a lightening cable and I have an Android phone. When I called the department store customer service to tell them what happened the only solution they gave me was to return the backpack as a defective item. I even tried to ask if they could refund me the $30 difference between a regular Julian and this one and they said they don't do that. So the question is: would you keep the backpack sans charger that you know you would never use anyway, but you love everything else bout it at full price -or- would you return the bag for a refund because it didn't come with all of it's "parts"? Personally, I am leaning towards keeping the bag at full price and just sucking it up because I really like it.
Here is the bag for reference. The only thing that is missing is that chunky tassel on the front.hr26oceb01_julian_backpack_with_charge_1_black_a_x1200.jpg

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
it's gorgeous. i didn't even realize oil slick came in a backpack. i'd return it though. it's not about whether you would use the charger or not, but what if you need to sell the bag later on? you're missing an important part of the bag and would take a hit on pricing. and the tassel has a good portion of oil slick hardware on it, which is probably part of what appeals to you about the bag. i wouldn't settle especially since no discount has been offered.

If you DO decide to use the RM website, be aware: I recently bought my first bag from her website. I love the bag, but the customer service is absolutely appalling. Make sure you really want what you're going to order, because they don't answer the phone, and they don't reply to your emails. They included another persons order on my order, showing her details, along with her entire order. I'm sure the other lady wouldn't be pleased to know that Rebecca Minkoff gave a stranger her complete name and address. I was really worried that I'd get stuck with this lady's bill. Luckily, I didn't. To top it off, my bag was initially sent to the wrong country! Personally, I think if I buy another of her bags, I will try to order from a different website.

If you DO decide to use the RM website, be aware: I recently bought my first bag from her website. I love the bag, but the customer service is absolutely appalling. Make sure you really want what you're going to order, because they don't answer the phone, and they don't reply to your emails. They included another persons order on my order, showing her details, along with her entire order. I'm sure the other lady wouldn't be pleased to know that Rebecca Minkoff gave a stranger her complete name and address. I was really worried that I'd get stuck with this lady's bill. Luckily, I didn't. To top it off, my bag was initially sent to the wrong country! Personally, I think if I buy another of her bags, I will try to order from a different website.
I am quite versed in the ways of their customer service from past bad experiences and even though they have 25% off their site today (thus the bag being on sale) the hassle I know in the back of my mind I would be going through isn't worth the savings.

i'm pissed at them cause i placed a $335 order on Tuesday, and there is a cheaper code today and they refused to to a price adjustment or cancel the order for me, even though it hadn't even shipped yet. So now i can either suck up the price difference (not much, but that's not the point...and i also worry there will be a cheaper code on Monday), or i can re-buy everything, and then return the more expensive order when it finally gets here. Terrible CS. Nordstrom wouldn't do this. Charlotte Tilbury did a PA on her makeup sale over the summer, so i know it's not just N's that has good CS. It just means RM has terrible CS and doesn't care about their loyal customers.

No don’t give them your money. I would suggest returning the bag or just refuse it when UPS/Fedex come to deliver it. With this level of bad customer service, I would not deal with them anymore. No bag is worth the trouble if the CS doesn’t give two hoots about their customers. I suggest moving onto another brand.

I am quite versed in the ways of their customer service from past bad experiences and even though they have 25% off their site today (thus the bag being on sale) the hassle I know in the back of my mind I would be going through isn't worth the savings.
I was really shocked, tbh. I know the bags aren’t really expensive in comparison with others, but I expect much better customer service than they give.

i'm pissed at them cause i placed a $335 order on Tuesday, and there is a cheaper code today and they refused to to a price adjustment or cancel the order for me, even though it hadn't even shipped yet. So now i can either suck up the price difference (not much, but that's not the point...and i also worry there will be a cheaper code on Monday), or i can re-buy everything, and then return the more expensive order when it finally gets here. Terrible CS. Nordstrom wouldn't do this. Charlotte Tilbury did a PA on her makeup sale over the summer, so i know it's not just N's that has good CS. It just means RM has terrible CS and doesn't care about their loyal customers.

I ended up rebuying my order with them with the intention of returning the original. It was too good of a sale for me for a RM.com exclusive. Same thing about not cancelling even though it hadn't been shipped yet. I was pleased that CS recommended I do this to get the code, as much of a hassle as it was. I had originally asked for a price adjustment.

I hadn't thought to refuse the delivery.

As for the original question, OP, I agree with ccbaggirl about resale value. Plus I think that fob really helps make the bag!