What would you do?

ninakt

O.G.
Nov 6, 2011
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402702620.857995.jpg
My Lumineuse has got the craking issue.
Its already in the handles and on the side, not a major craking but it can be seen.
This is a 2011 bag. I have maybe used 3-4 months together, only with a light weight, knowing this is a promblem that can happen.
Took it today to LV, my options are to replace it to a black one ( mine is infinity, discontinued)
Or take a store credit, or keep this bag and
See if it craks more , then thats it.
Now I need a black bag, for work mostly.
I adore my infini Lumi, it is a gorgeous bag.
Black Lumi was nice, close to infini but not the same,tried infini Speedy 30, it was ok but not the same.
Alma epi mm was nice also glossy one was pretty.
I would defenetly keep my infini Lumi, if it would
Crak no more.
Would You kerp it or exchange it to a black mm
Alma?
So hard to make a decision, DH says keep the Lumi, cause infini is so special and this bag can take some craking cause of the rocking look of it but what if it cracks more?
I have time till tomorrow to decide.

I think this is an excellent example of personal preference.

if i were in your shoes.. because i expect my investment pieces to be pristine (or close to anyway) i would definitely take it back.
i would then talk to the SA and ask the question, "if i do exchange it for the black one and the cracking happens again, will they take it back?"
the only thing that would hold me back from exchanging it to the black one is.. you said you need a black bag for work. I'm assuming work meaning everyday... and if the infinity already cracked with only 3-4 months of lightweight use.. i don't think using the black one everyday is a wise idea.

with that in mind, i would definitely opt for the store credit and sleep on the idea of getting the black one.
OR
i would also jump on the the alma.. i love the bag!
and i think it would be perfect for work everday!
(i actually use the alma bb everyday.. so a bigger one would be even more perfect.)

hope i helped somewhat!

i heard somewhere (on this forum) that they addressed the cracking issue in newer releases of the lumineuse. apparently the new ones have a different glazing on the handles, etc. so it might be less prone to cracking.

i would wait a few days and see if the cracking bothers you. if it does, perhaps change it for a black lumi? i know black is not the same as infini but at least the bag won't have cracks

View attachment 2651283
My Lumineuse has got the craking issue.
Its already in the handles and on the side, not a major craking but it can be seen.
This is a 2011 bag. I have maybe used 3-4 months together, only with a light weight, knowing this is a promblem that can happen.
Took it today to LV, my options are to replace it to a black one ( mine is infinity, discontinued)
Or take a store credit, or keep this bag and
See if it craks more , then thats it.
Now I need a black bag, for work mostly.
I adore my infini Lumi, it is a gorgeous bag.
Black Lumi was nice, close to infini but not the same,tried infini Speedy 30, it was ok but not the same.
Alma epi mm was nice also glossy one was pretty.
I would defenetly keep my infini Lumi, if it would
Crak no more.
Would You kerp it or exchange it to a black mm
Alma?
So hard to make a decision, DH says keep the Lumi, cause infini is so special and this bag can take some craking cause of the rocking look of it but what if it cracks more?
I have time till tomorrow to decide.
If they are offering you a credit for the amount the lumi cost now, I would get the credit. But if they are offering only what you paid you would be at a loss and better off getting the black lumi. If they are letting you exchange for another bag at current prices, I would get another bag completely like the alma

I would return the bag, you pay too much money to have a bag with cracking issues. I love the look of the lumi but fear the cracking so I have stayed away from it. I would take the store credit then take my time deciding on what bag I would want to purchase next. Good luck to you on your decision.

I would take the store credit and take a look at some bag choices. The Alma definitely a beautiful bag - love the Alma! But take a look at some others, research and sleep on it. I am happy to hear they are going to accommodate you.

Be Blessed MoNikki

i would return the bag, you pay too much money to have a bag with cracking issues. I love the look of the lumi but fear the cracking so i have stayed away from it. I would take the store credit then take my time deciding on what bag i would want to purchase next. Good luck to you on your decision.

+1!

Can you show a picture of the minor cracking areas? I have an infini emp speedy that has minor cracking in the strap as well and I'm afraid it's going to get worse...(my bag is 3 months old). I keep looking at the area inspecting it from time to time and it doesn't seem normal to me, not very bad YET but I don't want to part with the bag either. So basically I'm in the same position as you...my husband told me it's time to give up on LV. And go back to Chanel :wondering

If you decide to keep it and it cracks more, how much would LV charge to re glaze it? Maybe that info will help with your decision. Personally I'd either exchange for black or take the store credit rather than throw more money into fixing a known problem, but since you love the bag it might be a viable option to pay for re glazing.

Here's a pic of my strap in one area that is of concern to me..is yours similar in the defect?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402712754.132414.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402712754.132414.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 470