What would you do?

missemily

Feb 8, 2012
I was very excited to find a bag I really wanted and have been looking for on ebay. The buyer has good feedback. I purchased and paid for the bag 1/4/13. The listing said I could expect arrival 1/8/13-1/9/13. The seller messages me on 1/6/13 that they were out of town on business and that they should be back in town 1/10/13 and would ship the bag expediated. Which was understandable. It's now 1/13/13, I have messaged 2x just asking if tracking info was available or when I could expect my package to ship with no response. I realize it is a Sunday- do you think I should do? :sad:

Wait for tomorrow and see if the seller writes back. There is nothing much you can do for now expect to be patient :X if you had paid through PayPal then you are protected so don't worry so much for now.

I would wait another day for shipping info & if you don't hear back by mid-week
file an INR...

An expediated either means overnight or 2 days...since it was their oversight!!

They will respond to that.. like it or not..

Give them until tomorrow evening to get back to you. Sometimes people have unforseen problems or circumstances that cause them to delay things. Other times they just don't have the same sense of urgency or time that we do. Hopefully that is all that it is. If you don't hear back by tomorrow, file INR and just follow the process. You will be okay. Of course, it would be nicer to actually get your item, but if you don't, your refund should be a no brainer for PP.

I've had a bag sitting in customs for almost two weeks. There's a group of people who don't have the same urgency as we do!

Just give them another day, lots of ebayers seem to take the weekend off. Good luck getting the bag!

For many people Monday is catch up day.. Either with business or ebay e-mails.

I'd give them another day or so, & then I would file an INR..

You need to know if your item has been shipped... A simple answer to

a very simple question...

And if your item was shipped out lets say Friday or Saturday you could have it

today or Tuesday..

Well late today the buyer contacted me and said they just got home and my bag should ship tmrw. Crossing my fingers that is the case! Would have been nice for them to respond to my questions but hopefully it will all work out!

Well late today the buyer contacted me and said they just got home and my bag should ship tmrw. Crossing my fingers that is the case! Would have been nice for them to respond to my questions but hopefully it will all work out!

I would send them a reply through ebay thanking them for their response but politely telling them that if you don't receive the requested tracking info by tomorrow you will have to ask for a complete refund or file a claim with Paypal. Not only should the seller have mentioned in the listing that he/she would be unable to ship as stated, he/she had the 11th as well as the 12th to ship. And now their saying it should ship tomorrow? It better...

Your seller loses her seller protection by not shipping within 7 days of payment. You said you paid on January 4 so she would have had to ship by the 11th.

Yes it would have been nice if they did answer you & since
they did contact you they should have provided shipping info
to you as well.

And they should overnight the bag to you at their expense!!

Sellers have 7 days to ship after they have been paid.. they are beyond that & they might
not have seller protection. But that's their problem not yours..

Let's just hope you get your bag & you are pleased...

Your seller loses her seller protection by not shipping within 7 days of payment. You said you paid on January 4 so she would have had to ship by the 11th.

I'm wondering if the seller purchases postage within the 7 days but doesn't actually mail it until later, are they still covered? I've noticed that some sellers purchase postage immediately so they qualify for top-rated seller discounts but wait a week to mail.