What would you do?

Bethy

Preston loves Coach!
Oct 20, 2006
I stupidly wore my tan Coach out to a bar a few months ago and someone spilled a drink on it. :cursing:

Anyway I have the Coach leather cleaner and the stain did not come out. Is there anything else I can try? The bag is all leather.

I was thinking about buying leather stain slightly darker than the bag and staining it so it'd all be the same color. Is that really stupid? I don't want to ruin the bag but I don't want to carry it with a huge stain either.

We don't have a boutique here. My mom bought it at an outlet several hours away.
I've never heard of LoveMyBags... what is that?

Thanks for answering!

^^^^ I can personally vouch for lovinmybags! I had a bag that had an ink stain on it. They restored it and it's good as new - you would never know there was ever anything wrong with it - it's one of the bags I get the most compliments on! The owner, Barbara, is super nice to deal with. Oh, and they're quick too - they had my bag restored and back to me within a week! When you contact them, if you can, attach some pics so they can get an idea of what they're dealing with and give you an accurate quote.

You really shouldn't try to dye the bag yourself, that just won't go well, it will be blotchy, etc. You could take it to a professional as suggested...I'm curious, what is the stain? Is it a dark stain like moisture? Or is it a colored stain, like a pink stain? You might have better luck working out a darker stain than a stain with pigment.

I had a similar problem. I took my tan soho hobo to the bar with me as well. The bartender over poured a few shots of peppermint schnapps. I didn't see her do it, so my bag soaked some of it up. I had a large spot on the bottom of my purse, and it took a few months, but it did dry out and now all I see is a little smudge where the leather is a slightly different color, and the rest dried up like nothing has happened at all. But since it is on the bottom, and it is my 'bar purse' I am wasn't to worried about it. I didn't use any of the conditioners on it as I probably should have, and I am surprised to see that it cleared up as well as it did. So, if it was a clear drink, or a similar color, allow the leather to dry out and see what happens before you send it off to be fixed.