What would you do?

marvelyngarasi

808 LVoe
O.G.
Feb 6, 2012
What would you do if you were offered a
Birkin 35 cm 2012 Sac Tri-color Casaque Birkin ~ Etain Swift/Rose Jaipur/Argile w/Permabrass HW? Would you purchase it if you were in my shoes? I already have a black Togo 35 cm with ghw and a rouge casaque Togo 35 cm ghw. Please let me know what you would do as I have until tomorrow to decide. My store only has one left. Thanks tpfers!!

I was recently offered one but in a 30. I have never really liked the bag but decided to see it in person first. It is much nicer irl, but I still declined it in the end. I just didnt love it. I ended up chatting with my SA and telling her what I REALLY wanted - of course giving her a couple of options. Two hours later she called me to say she found something that she thought I would like more. Apparently she didn't realize they had received already. I'm over the moon and so glad I didn't take the tri-color casque birkin. So my advice would be to go see it in person first and see how you feel about it.

I'm not sure... I think a Birkin is a classic so I would always get in one and a classic color like black or red. Maybe you will get tired soon from the different colors... I'd rather go for another model that is less famous so it's a little new.

Agree with other posts. You should only buy it if you absolutely love it. Try it in person is definitely worth doing. I personally do not like tri-colour on anything. So I would not buy this bag.

I have one and I adore it! I knew I wanted it from the minute I saw the first pictures on tPF months ago. For me, the last thing I need is another solid color B. I'm more interested in special bags these days.

BUT, none of my situation is really relevant for you and the only thing that actually matters is if YOU like it or not.

No matter which bag you propose, you will find people here who - for one reason or another - will like it. Or not like it. Some people only buy neutrals. Others only brights. Some want to own a rainbow of colors...others have a dozen different blue bags...

Because of the limits on the number of bags you can buy these days, you will likely not be offered another B/K for a while if you purchase the Casaque. Is there another dream bag out there that you're hoping for? And if that bag became available would you regret having purchased the Casaque? Or would you be happy with the Casaque and willing to forego another solid color for a while???

Good luck with your decision and congrats. Yours is a good "problem" to have! :smile:

You have to love this bag and it has to work with your wardrobe/lifestyle, regardless of its rarity. It either does or it doesn't. I know it wouldn't work for me, but it might for you.

I have one and I adore it! I knew I wanted it from the minute I saw the first pictures on tPF months ago. For me, the last thing I need is another solid color B. I'm more interested in special bags these days.

BUT, none of my situation is really relevant for you and the only thing that actually matters is if YOU like it or not.

No matter which bag you propose, you will find people here who - for one reason or another - will like it. Or not like it. Some people only buy neutrals. Others only brights. Some want to own a rainbow of colors...others have a dozen different blue bags...

Because of the limits on the number of bags you can buy these days, you will likely not be offered another B/K for a while if you purchase the Casaque. Is there another dream bag out there that you're hoping for? And if that bag became available would you regret having purchased the Casaque? Or would you be happy with the Casaque and willing to forego another solid color for a while???

Good luck with your decision and congrats. Yours is a good "problem" to have! :smile:
May I ask what colors do you use yours with? I love my black and red birkin but this one is beautiful too. What do you think?