What would you do????

sparklyred

Oct 28, 2009
I had a lady come to my work today with beautiful vernis bag...gorge. So I complemented her and she started telling me about all her LV's she has and she buys them and doesn't like them and gives them to her daughter in laws:nuts:. So she then told me she had an Alma that she just bought (mono) and she hates it and since I wanted one so bad, I could buy it off her. She said she used it twice and after 10 minutes of telling her to give me a price she said $700. I don't know what to do. I really wanted a speedy which would be around that much new but I like the Alma too and could probably talk her down to $500. I mean, she's just going to end up giving it to her DIL anyway. Should I get it???? That would be such a good price...UGH!

I would question why she's in the habit of buying LV items and then immediately deciding she doesn't like them, but if you're sure that it's authentic, why not? It's a good price.

Something doesn't sound right to me about this. I don't know anyone who buys a bag and then "hates" it. Shouldn't she just return it to the store then? Also, if the bag is authentic and practically new, as she says, then she could get a much better price than $500-$700 for it. If I were you, I might just pass on this one. Use your money to get your new Speedy, and then you will have no question in your mind that you got the real thing. Good luck!

If would snap it up in a heartbeat at 500... Almas are relatively easy to authenticate b/c the fake ones are generally really bad (most that I've seen on eBay have the gross suede-like lining, leather trim that looks cheap, etc.). Some women are so wealthy that they don't want to be seen in anything more than once or twice. I'd love to be her daughter-in-law!

LoVickstein444

After you confirm that it's authentic, definitely buy it! There are plenty of people who don't want to spend any time trying to resell their used items online or otherwise in a public setting (e.g., me). So, I don't find anything suspicious about her wanting to offload the bag and actually get some $$ for it (maybe just lunch money to her)... ;)

I'm always skeptical of people like her. Seems shady to me. Why not take the unwanted bags to LV for refund or exchange? Was her vernis authentic? If you can guarantee authenticity and you really want the Alma, go for it. Just be sure to have it authenticated. If a cash-only deal goes sour with a complete stranger, there's nothing you can do to get your money back.