What would you do?

Oct 15, 2009
I just won an item on ebay to give as a gift to someone that shows the bag brand new, i don't even know if it's a good price or anything cause i am new to all this ebay buying with Coach. I received the item today and the creed is cracking a lil bit and the lining is a bit dirty. It seems to me she put a new tag on a used bag, now i might have to keep this bag myself, which i don't want to do because i am afraid of patent leather as u know what happened to me before with my tribecca, but i know others like my friends and family don't mind it. :/

Should i just keep it and give the seller neutral feedback? or give negative feedback, idk what to do? TIA! any help would be appreciated! Also, i told the seller about this and she said the item is new that it has a tag on it and it's brand new! That her description is correct. btw, i do love this bag it is very pretty, which i don't mind keeping but what bothers me was her description!

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370294173072&_trksid=p2759.l1259

and i posted a pic of the damage sort of: in these pics u can't really see the lining but it has like white streaks and my camera couldn't capture it, but u do see one streak that came out here where my finger is:
prince001.jpg

prince.jpg

prince009.jpg

prince010-1.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't look like the bag that's in the auction, as far as the creed goes. Did you have the bag that you received authenticated here on tPF? I wonder if she switched bags on you, and sent you a used one? I'm sorry you are dealing with this - I SO hate eBAY!

Um. This is really bothering me - I've sat here for 10 minutes staring at the pics. I don't think it's the same bag - look at how the Legacy Stripes lay behind the creed. In the auction, the orange stripe is behind the left side of the creed, the gold is in the middle, and the white is behind the right side of the creed. In your pic, the orange stripe is near the right, with gold being way on the far right. Can you post another pic of the creed on the bag you received, and zoom out a bit so the legacy stripes behind it are showing very clearly? Thanks!

Oh, and upon further inspection, it is NOT the same bag - look at the way the Legacy Stripes lay in all the pictures - your bag is not the same. :sad: I'd file a Paypal claim.

Last edited:
anyone who works in retail can get the plastic ring, and then a tag can be attached. I would say this bag has been used and you have been tricked. I hate ebay sellers that are not 100% honest! Im sorry this happened. I would give her negitive feedback. I agree with JAMI, I think she switched bags, or took pics when it was new then sold it after she used it!!

anyone who works in retail can get the plastic ring, and then a tag can be attached. I would say this bag has been used and you have been tricked. I hate ebay sellers that are not 100% honest! Im sorry this happened. I would give her negitive feedback. I agree with JAMI, I think she switched bags, or took pics when it was new then sold it after she used it!!

I hope the seller isn't a tPF member! I know we have some dirtbags on here, but I haven't seen any in the Coach area yet. And if she is a tPFer, I hope she sees this thread and makes it right. Scammer. :cursing:

Though, for the price you paid for the bag, if you would want to keep it, you could probably clean the lining with a wet wipe, or I think some ladies have used rubbing alcohol for that? Or, relist it and sell it yourself? I don't know - it's up to you what to do, but I'd let the seller know that you KNOW what they did, and leave them a negative feedback. :mad:

so should i return the bag first then file the claim or just file the claim thanks for all your help now i am more pissed. :nono::censor: do i have to wait for the negative feedback or just do it and ask for refund thanks without sending the bag oh and here is another pic.

prince011.jpg

Last edited:
No! File the claim first! If you send the bag back before you file the claim, the cow might keep it and your $$$. File the claim, then wait for Paypal's instructions - they'll tell you when to return it, and how. Good luck! That seller sucks - blast her one!!! :hugs:

You have to file the claim first however you may want to give your seller a heads up and explain why your unhappy. If you don't hear back in a day or so file your claim with paypal for item not as described.

eta: when you do ship it back make sure you get signature with delivery conf. to protect yourself.