What would you do?

Rimma13

Live with no regrets
O.G.
Jun 27, 2008
I brought a Marc by Marc Jacobs jacket today at Bloomingdales. It was originally $398 and I got it for $70, the only thing is that it's missing a button at the cuff (to close it). I like the jacket, but I would like the cuff to be closed. You can see in the second photo that the right arm cuff is open. Do you think that if I call the boutique, that they might have an extra one?

What would you do? Opinions and suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

marc.JPG

marc1.JPG

marc2.JPG

Is there a button that fastens on the inside of the jacket that you could take off and put on the cuff? At the very least, you could call Bloomies and ask them for an additional discount!
The jacket looks super cute on you... and you got a great deal too btw!

^^ No, it didn't have those extra buttons on the inside. I have a feeling someone stole them. I felt awkward about asking for an additional discount because the first sale was for $240 then it went down to $140 and I got it for 50% off of that from their final sale. I want to call the MBMJ boutique, but I don't know if they'll give me a button (if they have one) since I didn't technically buy the jacket from their boutique.

The worst they can say is no, right? :smile: Give it a try and if that doesn't work, take it to a sewing supply place (like joann's or hancocks) and ask them to help you find a very similar button. Super cute jacket.

I would take out the button on the other cuff and replace them both with the button of your choice. I like to make things symmetric. I would actually just choose a white or clear button to not distract from the gorgeous jacket.