I'm selling something on ebay and a buy expressed interest, but said if they buy it now can I shiop it to them later. They want it to be shiped in October. Would you do this? Why or why not? Also, if not, what would you write back?
I would ask them why they wanted it shipped then.
If the buyer was trustworthy, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but there are tons of holes in that plan as to where the buyer could file an 'item not received' claim saying you never sent the item.
If you email them and you feel comfortable with their communication and answers, keep ALL emails between the two of you in case you need to provide them should the buyer file a claim later.
I wouldnt do that. You are not then protected by paypal (im guessing your buyer knows this info too)if you mail something after 7 day mark according to paypal rules. The only way to do this is to take money order and then you can ship in October when they want you to. Just my 2 cents worth.
That sounds suspicious to me, why would any buyer want you to wait that long to ship, unless they're trying what coachqueencoach said. Why can't the buyer pay now and get the item now, and then put it away until October? If I were a buyer and I actually wanted the item I'd want it safely in my hands.
i think i'd ask why she wants to wait so long, but surely, come october time the 45 day paypal time limit would be up anyway and if she opens a dispute before hand you'd still have the item ! i don't think it's anything suspicious myself, i would say the risks on her, since if you never sent it she's be out of time with paypal to dispute. or am i missing something ?
maybe she works away part of the year or something.
^^It's still possible she could file a chargeback though i guess? I would definitely try and find out why she wants it shipped in October, then post back - i honestly can't think of a genuine reason why someone would ask this so it'll be interesting to hear what she says...
I did this last year. My buyer was living part of the year in another country and part of the year in the US. She bought an item from me last September or October and requested that I ship the item in December, around Christmas time to her US address, which was her paypal confirmed address. I shipped it at that time and didn't have any problems, but I would definately ask the buyer why they want it shipped later.
I really don't think you would be covered with PP unless you ship within 7 days and have delivery signature confirmation. PP claims can be filed within 45 days of sale; if it's a scam, she could say she never got it and file a non-receipt? Sounds fishy. I would not do this.
I had to do this a few times because of vacation, etc. But I just wanted someone to wait a few weeks to mail it.
I would ask why she needed me to wait and if it is for real, then I would probably do it.
If she filed a Not received, it would be true as you wouldn't be mailing it out for 2 months. You wouldn't be out anything. Good LUck
I have asked for a delay once but it was only about a week or so. It was a live plant that was a gift for my MIL. She was away the weekend it would have originally been delivered. I explained this to the seller who was understanding. That said I wouldn't be buying something 2 1/2 months out.