What would you do?

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
Tpfer is asking about my handbag. She's in the Phillipines, will pay through paypal (Non-confirmed and with a CC issued outside of the US) but shipped to a US location that is a relative of hers.

I'd normally just blow it off because she can't even bid at this point(I would have to unblock her location) but she's a TPFer. Not a newbie, but not a major contributor either.

Thoughts?

hmmm...well im from the philippines.. BUT my cc is issued here...i ask sellers if im allowed to bid on item and if i win...have it shipped to my cousin in the US and they will just bring it with them when they come and visit us here

the reason we do this is because our customs here are crooked...if they do pass customs (when the items are underdeclared) you still have the post office to deal with...they open the box in front of you when you receive the item and if they say its misdeclared...they con you into paying a lot..

well that doesnt happen most of the time though

oh btw, if the phil buyer is from sampaloc...dont go thru with it...that person has scammed a lot of people already

you can message me anytime if u have further questions

hmmm...well im from the philippines.. BUT my cc is issued here...i ask sellers if im allowed to bid on item and if i win...have it shipped to my cousin in the US and they will just bring it with them when they come and visit us here

the reason we do this is because our customs here are crooked...if they do pass customs (when the items are underdeclared) you still have the post office to deal with...they open the box in front of you when you receive the item and if they say its misdeclared...they con you into paying a lot..

well that doesnt happen most of the time though

oh btw, if the phil buyer is from sampaloc...dont go thru with it...that person has scammed a lot of people already

you can message me anytime if u have further questions
That crossed my mind too...:thinking:

Go with your gut. I have sold things to PF'ers in other countries in the past and it still ended with a bad taste in my mouth. I do not ship outside of the US, PF'er or not.

Now if it was a situation like b3stbuy described then I would do that.