What would you do?

I agree with all the ladies above. I would skip the gift though. I wouldn't want to spend that much on someone who obviously isn't appreciative of your friendship. I don't want to be labeled as giving out a "cheap gift." So none is better than little in this situation. A little card wishing her the best would suffice.

I would not go.
I would send a card and a VERY inexpensive gift....nothing over $50.00...
If you were her best friend, there is nothing that could have come up that she could not have told you about.
That is so strange that she would expect you to come? :blink:

If you send the reply back that you are going, you are going to fret about it until the wedding day. And THEN if you go, you don't know how you are going to be treated...

Stay home, enjoy the day and be good to yourself. There is enough crap to get through in this life that you cannot stop. Don't let someone else give you any! ;)

chinchillamoose said:
I would probably call, or maybe send a handwritten letter, ASAP before it gets too close to the wedding date. Unless you ask, you will never know if her invitation was just a formality or an effort to express that she's sorry you weren't included in the wedding party. Weddings can be full of family politics, so there might have been a reason she couldn't discuss regarding who ends up in the wedding party. I hope that you can work everything out with a positive outcome.

I agree ^^ As previous best friends, then you could certainly make a call to ask her whats going on. Family can be such a pain ... and maybe she is too embarrassed to admit to what happened. Sending you some *bravery*, so you can get the nerve to call!! Good Luck!

Thanks ladies for all the responses -- my gut instinct just tells me not to go, wouldn't feel right, and life is too short for me to do that to myself. My sister-in-law is getting ready to have a baby (my first niece, I'm so excited) so I think I'll spend the weekend of her wedding pampering myself and having some quality family time with people I care about who care about me in return. The way I see it, if we are able to patch things up down the road, yes, I may regret not attending, but she will most likely also regret kicking me out of the wedding in the first place. So we'll both have something to regret.

I wouldnt go..and I wouldnt bother getting them a gift either. If there was any "real" friendship to speak of, she wouldnt have treated you this way....So sorry you're going through this.

I think you picked the right thing to do, I wouldn't go either. Me and a friend (best friend) had a falling out a couple of years ago and it would be like her inviting me to her wedding. It would be awkward and I wouldn't understand why she was inviting me. Don't even think about it, just be with other people you do care about :smile:

puddinhd58 said:
I would not go.
I would send a card and a VERY inexpensive gift....nothing over $50.00...
If you were her best friend, there is nothing that could have come up that she could not have told you about.
That is so strange that she would expect you to come? :blink:

If you send the reply back that you are going, you are going to fret about it until the wedding day. And THEN if you go, you don't know how you are going to be treated...

Stay home, enjoy the day and be good to yourself. There is enough crap to get through in this life that you cannot stop. Don't let someone else give you any! ;)

Agreed! Enjoy that day with your family!

Oh no .......that´s just too sad.
I have seen best friends not talking to each other for the same reasons, and the bride was so sad for weeks but didn´t know what to do- If she was really a good friend, I ´d try to give her a call just to see,it´s maybe a misunderstanding, sometimes girls would pick their childhood friends they haven´t seen for 5 years....weird, but it´s a tough choice for them as well,and it´s not about who they prefer....
life is too short.....give it a go !! only if she was a close friend, those are too rare to lose...