What Would You Do...-

PyAri

ThisKatEats
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
Hi Ladies-

As some of you know from my recent thread http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/bummed-and-need-to-vent-139587.html , I had some bad experienced at my local Coach, not just when I've shopped, but recently it was very bad when I applied.

I went in there Thursday to do my pre-order and there was no one in the store. I was the only customer. The manager that interviewed me was standing next to the counter and saw me walk in. She didn't say hi or anything instead she was standing very close to the SA next to her and whispering something to her. Even when I got to the counter (she was less than 2 feet away from me) she didn't say anything and continued to whisper. The SAs were nice, but the whole experience made me feel really bad. OH and do you know, there were 2 new SAs in there in TRAINING. So I wonder when they got hired when I was told they chose not to hire anyone.

Long story short, I pre-ordered 790 worth of stuff and walked out of there feeling very ****ty.

Here's the dilemma:

Now that I put the rest of my list together, I've racked up a list that's right under 5k. I was planning to going into the rude store today, but it's been bothering me all night and today...I just don't feel comfortable giving a store like that 5k more of my money when I've already given them 790 this week. The thought of it internally upsets me. Does that make any sense?

I would do the order over the phone with the store in Philly (I'm in VA) that helped me out so much during the last PCE, but I have a store credit I need to use to justify the purchase and I don't think you can use store credits over the phone.

The next Coach boutique is 2 1/2 hours away. I'm thinking about driving out there. I had called them earlier in the week and told them I got a call from my local boutique for a pre-order, but haven't received my card yet. She said, come on in, and if you haven't received your card by then, we'll put one aside for you. I just don't want to drive 2 1/2 hours on a weekend when it's going to take away from my time with the SO (we wanted to go out to lunch with friends, see a movie and then go to Harbor Fest that's going on this weekend), but I don't feel comfortable giving the local store my money even though that would save a lot of time and money. Sighs.

So, if you were me what would you do? Go to the local store or drive 2 1/2 hrs just to place an order?

Sorry it's so long. Thanks in advance.

I know it may sound crazy, but I would make the drive. I would never want to give that much money to a store that I was treated ****ty at not once, but multiple times.

Or, call the Philly store and make sure that you can't use the store credit over the phone. Maybe you can, and that would make your whole situation even better :smile:

Or, call the Philly store and make sure that you can't use the store credit over the phone. Maybe you can, and that would make your whole situation even better :smile:

I called them just now, and the SA that helped me answered. he said they aren't allowed, it's policy, but he is going to call CS and his DM to see if they could make an exception.

Pyari:

Don't ever shop in that store again. Take the car drive and spend the gas to go to the other store where they will be positive and friendly. The people that work in that boutique near your home are so not worth your time or money. I really love my Coach Store and for this PCE have spent over 1,000. I am happy to give them my money as they are courteous and true professionals. I have never had a bad experience. I truly hope that the experience you have at the store which is 2 1/2 hours away is a positive one. Good luck!

Liz

I agree with everyone. I'd make the drive or maybe try and call another store (see PCE question link for a few that seem to be doing phone orders for anyone). In fact, I'd also be inclined to call the store you pre-ordered stuff from and cancel everything and let them know exactly why you were cancelling.

I hate to see you have to spend all that time to make that drive.

I really think you should either call corporate or write a letter. NO ONE has the right to make you feel bad, and you should not let them make you feel bad (ever hear the quote "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission".......I know it's really hard, but DO NOT let those b!tchy girls get to you. How junior high of them to pull that crap.

Are there any nice SA's at your local store? If so, I would march right in there and ask to see him/her, totally ignore the manager, place your $5K order, and turn around and walk back out and immediately write that letter to Coach about how rude the manager is. She would be alllllll excited about the big order, then she would be alllllll upset when her district manager, etc calls her asking why she's a b!tch.

Sorry, I'm ranting, I just hate when sales associates think their hot stuff. You are the customer, you should be treated like a dang queen!

Keep your chin up, you're awesome and don't let anyone treat you any differently!

I agree with everyone. I'd make the drive or maybe try and call another store (see PCE question link for a few that seem to be doing phone orders for anyone). In fact, I'd also be inclined to call the store you pre-ordered stuff from and cancel everything and let them know exactly why you were cancelling.

I think what graberg said sounds good.:tup:

Pyari, I think you should write a long long long letter to corporate! This is NOT supposed to happen in a coach store!!

Everything in there is like a million dollars!!! They should treat you like a princess when you walk in or at least say hello!!! You should write a letter and complain clearly about every thing you went through! even the application... send it to [email protected] Good luck!!

Pyari - I am so sorry you are having to deal with this, it is absolutely outrageous. I would definitely contact corporate about this. Tell them how much you've spent on Coach this year, how you've been treated, etc.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the other store can make an exception and do a phone order.

PyAri,

That is awful! I would NOT go back to the store with the rude manager.
Find another alternative. Especially when you are spending that much money! The store that treated you badly does not deserve your business.

You need to walk out of Coach feeling lighter than air, not lower than low!

I agree with the others when they say to call corporate. See if you can find out the name of the district manager and write a letter (from my time there I remember how deathly afraid my wonderful manager was of her district manager). Your treatment was appalling, and frankly I think I'd even return the PCE order from there and tell the manager to her face how badly you were treated and that you'll do your business in the store 2 1/2 hours away (it's probably in her district and would get her goat to know she lost the business to her competitor store). That treatment of you should not be tolerated.

I'm so sorry that you had this trouble! I would do the following:

1. Find out the name of the manager of the store,
2. Write a letter to Corporate and cc: that store outlining what issues you had in great detail, including how much you spent and had planned to spend,
3. Call the store 2 1/2 hours away, explain what happened and tell them you are prepared to drop some coin IF they have a specific fantastic SA that will help you with the puchase.
4. Connect with said fantastic SA, make an appointment and drive there to be treated properly....

Good luck. I can't believe they wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet for a customer like you!:wtf: