What would you do?

Jan 23, 2013
I just purchased my first LV item - a key pouch and I’m so excited. I’m normally a Coach girl and I love the quality but I anm thinking about selling my 2 Coach backpacks (Parker 18 large size and the classic turnlock). I really love these backpacks but I’m wanting to start turning the corner to building a mix of luxury and contemporary collection. I’m eyeing the vintage Montsouris MM but would have to sell my Coach backpacks to afford it. The bag is in good condition with just dark water marks on the leather but canvas, interior and hardware are good. What would you do? I know it’s subjective but still curious.

I just purchased my first LV item - a key pouch and I’m so excited. I’m normally a Coach girl and I love the quality but I anm thinking about selling my 2 Coach backpacks (Parker 18 large size and the classic turnlock). I really love these backpacks but I’m wanting to start turning the corner to building a mix of luxury and contemporary collection. I’m eyeing the vintage Montsouris MM but would have to sell my Coach backpacks to afford it. The bag is in good condition with just dark water marks on the leather but canvas, interior and hardware are good. What would you do? I know it’s subjective but still curious.
Update lol - The LV had a massive price drop offer and I just couldn’t pull the trigger so I guess on some level it wasn’t nice enough to make me give up my coach backpacks. If the right pre-loved premium item shows up I would do it but this wasn’t it

Reactions: Alexa5
I know you resolved this. I was going to say I am no help because I just can't go to the expensive premium brands. I tried doing the mini pochette or whatever it is called, and then felt kind of silly for spending so much on the little accessory, so I did a bag trade with it for something I wanted more (a Coach bag). There are a few LV bags that I like how they look, but I just can't justify for myself the cost. The other reason I don't want to go that route is that I have seen how many replicas are floating around as if it is no big deal (for those that sell them--they have boxes/papers and everything!). It is crazy and makes me feel like I just want to stick with Coach and the variety they have at their prices.

This is not to disrespect those that love LV, etc, because we all have our own jam and what we like to buy.

Update lol - The LV had a massive price drop offer and I just couldn’t pull the trigger so I guess on some level it wasn’t nice enough to make me give up my coach backpacks. If the right pre-loved premium item shows up I would do it but this wasn’t it
I know it's all subjective, but when I looked up the Coach backpacks you mentioned and the LV you mentioned, to me the Coach are better looking. And you love the Coach bags. So my humble opinion is to not get rid of bags you love for a bag that it seems you're kind of 'meh' about just for the sake of buying a fancy label. If you loved it, that would be one thing, but it didn't really sound like you did.

I know you resolved this. I was going to say I am no help because I just can't go to the expensive premium brands. I tried doing the mini pochette or whatever it is called, and then felt kind of silly for spending so much on the little accessory, so I did a bag trade with it for something I wanted more (a Coach bag). There are a few LV bags that I like how they look, but I just can't justify for myself the cost. The other reason I don't want to go that route is that I have seen how many replicas are floating around as if it is no big deal (for those that sell them--they have boxes/papers and everything!). It is crazy and makes me feel like I just want to stick with Coach and the variety they have at their prices.

This is not to disrespect those that love LV, etc, because we all have our own jam and what we like to buy.
Thank you for responding! Yes, I felt like I would be trading in Napa leather and glovetanned leather for 20 year old canvas. I like the leather LV bags but omg they are way out of my price range. I think I prefer the monogram on SLG’s like your mini pochette or the cute zip key pouch. The canvas is great to throw in bags and I like the damier ebene pattern.

Reactions: nyeredzi and Alexa5
I know it's all subjective, but when I looked up the Coach backpacks you mentioned and the LV you mentioned, to me the Coach are better looking. And you love the Coach bags. So my humble opinion is to not get rid of bags you love for a bag that it seems you're kind of 'meh' about just for the sake of buying a fancy label. If you loved it, that would be one thing, but it didn't really sound like you did.
Thank you for responding! This was so well said and on point! I realllly love the Coach backpacks and would hate to part with them. I hate to admit it but yes, I’d be buying it more for the label bc it’s the only luxury backpack I like and is attainable for me lol. That is not a reason to get it IMO. Whereas, YSL is something that calls to me and I do loveee their pieces. I have 2 of their bags but their backpack is a bit pricey for what I was looking at right now. It’s more my style though. I’m happy to report that my coach Parker 18 backpack and turnlock will be staying with me . I’m glad to hear you think they are pretty too!

Reactions: nyeredzi and Alexa5