What would you do with a million dollars?

Half of that is going straight to my parents. No amount of money can ever repay them for what they have done for me. The remaining 10% goes to my sister, and then I'm putting the rest into the bank and live off the interest.

Oh yeah, that means I am NOT quitting my job.:yes:

I dream about this all the time. I would do the following:
after taxes on a million you'releft with just over 600K
pay off all debt
sell my house
travel to europe and the world for around 6 months
give money to my parents
buy the following:
a new house
new bags
a convertible new Beetle & old Beetle
a convertible mini cooper
a chevy 3500 series diesel for hubby
a 40' 5th wheel toy hauler for hubby
new quads for hubby
a 1964 1/2 convertible mustang in "catcher corral" color

then go back to work....I'd go out of my mind sitting around.

at the moment, i would buy a new house - thats all not much but i really need to get out of the house that i'm living in now! OR i'd skip the country and go to on holiday to visit you PF members!!! :wlae:

one million isn't as much as you think. Anyone with an average income (not high) can become a millionire with time. It isn't what it used to be.
I'd buy some real estate, send my parents on a cruise, and invest the rest for my future. By the time of retirement age everyone NEEDS a million. There is no way in hell I'd quit my job or buy such horrible investments like cars. We can talk those kind of things when you give me 10 million.

my family has won a million dollars before, so i doubt it'll happen to me because thats tooo lucky. poop. anyways, if i won a million dollars today i would 750,000 towards my house for when i move out (in canada we dont get ANY taken off for taxes, woot) id buy a car, id give a lot to my parents because theyve bought me 90% of everything i have. and id go on a shopping spree where id buy soo many clothes, louis bags, fendi spy, burberyy manor, etc. aaaand id do this somewhere hawt so i could go lie on the beach after a hard day of shopping.

1) take a LONG vacation
2) i like my neighborhood so i would have our house torn down and have it rebuilt.
3) give $$$ to immediate family
4) donate to charity
5) buy a new Benz
6) definitely invest some too