What would you do with a Gucci you hate and didn't pay for (drama alert)

hillaryhath

Manic Pixie Purseuer
Oct 27, 2013
... and can't get much for either.

Long story short, ex-friend who "wanted to reconnect" a year after she kicked me out of her wedding (because I had just gotten out of the hospital/was still recovering...... seriously) used my account to order a bunch of Guccissimas and tried to pick them up at my post office and they told her to **** off because they know who I am like, lol, she's knows I've been going there since I was a kid. That's over 20 years. Moron. Anyway I caught two of the transactions and figured I bought them by mistake and/or I was on Ambien but this one was a surprise and I thought it was a birthday present until the PO clerk told me what went down and I went and looked at my ebay history and put 2+2 together (there were also other bags missing from my room, as well as my prescription bottles for Schedule 2 drugs). Classy. I know addiction is a disease, but wtf man I actually need those. Her fiancee brought back my bags and one of my Yurman rings I didn't even know she swiped (but the meds were gone forever). I promised I wouldn't file a police report as long as he paid me back for the stupid bag which I don't even like. She was already in rehab by then.

Anyway, it turns out I didn't pay for the bag, PayPal put up the money since my account didn't have enough to cover the purchase. So now my account is negative 800.00. EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS. I filed a dispute and lost because it all happened on my IP address. I called them about 50 times about this, sometimes to the point of tears and they were just awful about it.

One rep finally told me the only way to get my money back is to file a police report. I called my local station and they said I could file a report and not name the person even though I know who did it. I opted not to because since she stole drugs, she would serve time most likely and as much as I hate her, I'm not sending a fresh-out-of-rehab person to prison.

So if I win this case, idk what the hell I'll do with this bag. I feel weird donating it because its so... tainted. The story behind me having it is just so skeezy! Its like theres bad juju all over it or something. And its ugly, I tried selling it on ebay and it only got up to 150 (my reserve was 820):

GC130913A_01_zps3d81805d.jpg

(Its much more used, darker, kinda coppery and uglier IRL)

Maybe I should just mail it to her.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think we have all had, at one time or another, a toxic 'friend'.

I have one of these mid-00s Beauviers in Olive (all leather except for a subtle webstripe). I love mine and went out of my way to get one, so obviously there is a market ;) .

How about writing down all the options logically and systematically? Perhaps, that way, you will make more of a less dramatic choice about what to do, and choose the one that helps you the most.

Do I think you should send it to her? No, I do not think you should gift your 'friend' with any $800 anything. I think the 'statement' will be lost on her.

To resell it? It might not fetch what it cost, but one (wo)man's meat is another (wo)man's poison and surely any money back is better than a) a reminder of a soured friendship or b) a bag you hate and won't use.

P.S. My BF bought me a Gucci bag I would have never chosen for myself for a Valentine's present. I could never sell it, it's the only bag my darling has ever bought me and I want him to have confidence in his choices. It's GG-print and gold and silver. I wear it when we go on a picnic, go to the market, take it on inland trip etc so that he sees I use it, It's a practical bag and not many who know me see me with it on. I just wear it with the most casual things in my wardrobe (nothing can compete :sunnies:). Surprise, surprise I get more compliments with that bag than with any of its more tasteful or costly counterparts :shrugs:

I hope all goes well, I'm sure you'll make the right discussion.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think we have all had, at one time or another, a toxic 'friend'.

I have one of these mid-00s Beauviers in Olive (all leather except for a subtle webstripe). I love mine and went out of my way to get one, so obviously there is a market ;) .

How about writing down all the options logically and systematically? Perhaps, that way, you will make more of a less dramatic choice about what to do, and choose the one that helps you the most.

Do I think you should send it to her? No, I do not think you should gift your 'friend' with any $800 anything. I think the 'statement' will be lost on her.

To resell it? It might not fetch what it cost, but one (wo)man's meat is another (wo)man's poison and surely any money back is better than a) a reminder of a soured friendship or b) a bag you hate and won't use.

P.S. My BF bought me a Gucci bag I would have never chosen for myself for a Valentine's present. I could never sell it, it's the only bag my darling has ever bought me and I want him to have confidence in his choices. It's GG-print and gold and silver. I wear it when we go on a picnic, go to the market, take it on inland trip etc so that he sees I use it, It's a practical bag and not many who know me see me with it on. I just wear it with the most casual things in my wardrobe (nothing can compete :sunnies:). Surprise, surprise I get more compliments with that bag than with any of its more tasteful or costly counterparts :shrugs:

I hope all goes well, I'm sure you'll make the right discussion.
I'd rock gold and silver, I actually have a gym bag in those colors and love it. Idk, I just don't want to be out that much money and I put it up on ebay with a reserve of 600 and the highest it got was in the 150s :nogood: I'm not sure if I'm going to submit the report to PayPal or not, but I did list it on eBay as a BIN with no end date so hopefully someone bites. This bag is well used though so it doesn't even really look like the one in the picture I provided. I'd carry the one in the picture! I was partially joking when I said I'd send it to her, but aside from the fact that I don't know where she lives now, I just want to act like she doesn't exist. Kinda wish I could freak her fiancee out though into giving me that 800 back but his number changed too, oh well.