What would you do with a "free" $3000 Chanel?

My merchandise (over $2k worth) was delivered with signature requirement. It was delivered to the wrong street with the same # as mine. Thank goodness my neighbor was honest enough to return the item to me. What pi**es me off though is that the package was just left at her doorstep and no signature was taken!

ETA: Oh and I've received merchandise addressed to me but I didn't order them and the receipt inside is for a different person. All clothes inside this huge box, worth about $1K, and they were my size too! I called the store and told them about the mix-up. They had UPS come and retrieve the package.

I wish everyone was as honest as you wantmore! I've had problems with UPS ... I had ordered a bunch of shoes that came in separate deliveries and it would say delivered on the computer and yet there wasn't anything at my door! We thought maybe it might have been mistakenly delivered to our neighbors in the neighboring condo building. But there wasn't anything at their door. And it kept happening! They put a trace on them and everything. Well, the third time it happened, I went over the neighbors AGAIN and this time, lo and behold, there are our four boxes sitting outside their door! So they must have taken them inside for a few days and then decided to put them out with the new boxes arrived. The thing that gets me is that they never apparently called UPS to tell them they mis-delivered!! AND ... the building it right next to mine ... WHY would you not see the address and bring it over or call me (my # was on the package as well). Some people, eh?

I hope you get your bag back.

It was the large Origami bag with shoulder strap. I really love that bag, I think I would rate it as my #4 or 5 most favorite bag.

Saks only ships with signature require when you remember to ask your SA to specify that option.

When I lost my Creme de la Mer 3 years ago, Saks was very, very nice - they told me that they would take care of tracking down the lost package and person who took it, and that I shouldn't bring stress into my life.

This time, when I talked to their Business Office, Saks said that after their research with FedEx, they would refund my money. FedEx said that if they were able to retrieve the bag they have to send it back to Saks. The only silver lining out of this entire mess is that if Saks really gets the bag back, I might be able to re-purchase it at a cheaper price because there have been subsequent markdowns.

I sure love that Origami bag. But I'm preparing myself for the fact that FedEx will come up empty, Saks will refund my money, and my poor SA will get yelled at by the Business Office for putting in the wrong address. OK, I'm a bit bummed again...

This is horrible, please keep us updated as to what happens. I too think you should go to this address yourself and tell them you tracked the package here and say something like "I'm so glad I tracked it down, I have been just sick thinking it was lost!!" If they are decent people they will hand it over!!

Oh no! How terrible! I really hope that they have the package and just haven't had time to return it to Fedex. I got a package delivered to me wrongly once and it wasn't addressed so I opened it. It turned out to be a birthday gift with a card and everything inside. I had no idea where the address was but I looked for it in my neighborhood and returned the package to the rightful recipient.

Hopefully there are more good people left in the world!

I once had a ring left in a package at my front door. No signature required but I requested it. Most of the time we are home for FedEx/UPS since we work from home. I have received other's people's packages more than one. I have gotten things that were supposed to be my neighbors quite a few times. Once I got a chair delivered in a box and put by my door with someone's address who was not even in my neighborhood.

Whenever I have had something shipped from NM or Saks they ALWAYS require a signature on packages over $3000. My SA will often ship in two packages so I don't have to be home to sign. I know my Fedex driver and we have a good place to put the packages so I don't have to worry about theft.

Be sure to talk to your SA when you are having items shipped. I think they can REQUIRE a signature on shipping if you want.

That said. I desperately hope they find your bag!
Yes, if you have an SA order them for you they will put in signature req. But when you order online, there is no option to do that. I talked to Saks.com and they told me it was their policy to "NOT" put signature required because people were never home to receive the packages. And if the FEDEX driver felt it was safe, he would leave it at the door. I got my bag about 4 days later so all ended well with me.

I sure hope you get your bag back from the neighbors.

This is horrible!

Speaking of missing digits for address, it happened to me one time. My saks order was missing digits on my address, but Fedex called me to verify my address. That's why I thought post codes are important. Don't they check your post code when they deliver the item to you?

Let's just hope that they find your Chanel in perfect condition, otherwise either saks or Fedex has to cover your loss.

I really hope you can get your purse back. Good luck!

Something similar happened to me.....but with UPS and I was the sender......
Even though I asked for and paid for signature required, the driver left it at the door..........of the wrong house, actually, 1 block away..............

I was very , very, hysterical....no denying it.............here it ends up, the person who received it, called me 4 days later to tell me the driver just dropped it and sped away......when I called Ups for the one millionth time, they said that the shipment choices the local Ups store had sold me included the possiblitly of so called, drivers
discretion............in other words, regardless of what i requested, if the driver discretion mandated that he could just leave it and drive away..........he could.

Thank goodness my person receiving the shipment hauled her little behind over to the house it was dropped off at and the person was decent enough to still have it in the box intact and gave it right to her.............I lambasted UPS that day.:heart:H

oh no...that's terrible! the good thing is that you'll either be reimbursed or have your bag replaced, but someone somewhere will be eating that cost! personally i think keeping something that was accidentally shipped to you is bad karma. i hope whoever has it returns it!

Even with the "Signature Required" option, UPS, FedEx & the USPS sometimes just leave the package outside my door without collecting a signature. With less expensive items I don't care that much, but this has been done with $2-3K bags. :cursing:
Good luck with finding this bag! If your neighbor did in fact take the bag, hasn't s/he thought about the fact that people will put two and two together and figure out what happened to this package. The nerve of some people. Please keep us updated!

I'm sorry to hear about your lost package. I usually asked the SA to send the package with signature required to avoid the rain and this type of problem. I'm lucky that my office is near the FedEx facility so I don't have any problem picking it up.