What would you do? re: Purse sale.....

1. I sold a purse recently. A friend of a friend bought it. She emailed her friend about it, forwarded the pics, etc. All I did was answer a few questions about the bag. So I gave my friend a price to tell her friend. I told her anywhere from $275 - $300. Well she didn't even give her friend the option - just told her $300. The friend wanted it and paid immediately. I didn't tell the girl how much it would cost to ship - so it was basically included in the sale price I guess. SOOOO - long story short. I wanted to send my friend a little something to thank her for the sale. (We are email friends only, I don't have her physical addy.) I thought maybe send her a small deposit via PP. So I've got an extra $25 to play with. Well shipping cost me $17. So that only leaves $8. I don't want to send her a chinchy $8............what would be a reasonable "fee" to send her since she was the one that basically got the bag sold for me...........:shrugs:

2. Why not send a small thank you gift instead in the mail? You can always get something small and meaningful for that price.

3. I agree with Kathyrose...
    or you could just respond in kind (like help her out with something/ do her a favor) and definitely send her a thank-you note so she knows how much you appreciate her. I don't know if a physical gift is necessary...

4. That is very thoughtful of you!!!:tender: I agree with what the other girls say- send a nice note and I would send a small gift~ maybe a cute keychain or something.

5. I agree, a thank you note is sufficient enough!....it's not like you made a bundle on the sale. :shrugs:

6. I think a nice handwritten thank you card should do.

7. I think the card is a better idea. The money makes it seem like you're paying her off. Ask for her address and send a nice card to her.

8. Maybe give her a nice note and a small gift like chocolates. I don't like it when my friends give me money. It makes me feel awkward.

9. I like the chocolates idea. You could also get her a small (around $20) gift certificate she could use online (maybe Victoria's Secret), or for a restaurant.

10. a starbucks card?

11. the little ballotin (4 pc) of Godiva chocolates and a handwritten thank you seems very appropriate to me.

12. That's nice of you. How about getting something cute for her?

Buttonarcade is a wonderful seller on etsy:

buttonarcade's Etsy Shop - Pink Brocade Mirror
    $6

buttonarcade's Etsy Shop - 6 Brocade Magnets
    $5

buttonarcade's Etsy Shop - Flower Girls Pocket Mirror
    $6

Or does she like earrings? Danglebeads (another awesome etsy seller) has some lovely earrings - $5 per pair (I ordered five pairs from her, they are on their way to me now). Something autumnal perhaps?

danglebeads's Etsy Shop - Hints of Autumn Earrings - Smokey Brown - Free Shipping

danglebeads's Etsy Shop - Hematite Cascade Earrings - Free Shipping

danglebeads hints of autumn earrings.jpg
  13. DownToTheWireDesigns key key ring.jpg DownToTheWireDesigns silver key ring.jpg Downtothewirredesigns black key ring.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice