What would you do... Preloved lumineuse or new neverfull?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi all, I'm in a predicament and would love any opinions...

I bought my first nonboutique LV last week and it was not as described. She said she could discount it but then for a couple hundred less I could get a neverfull or a second hand neverfull.

When you look at the lumineuse up close, the handles are cracked (that's the worst part of the bag, it's pretty bad in my eyes from
How she described it), there is some wear in the corner. Inside is clean though and the leather has softened. My friend thinks maybe she can see if one of her favorite managers can discount the handle replacement for me (which I'm not completely counting on because I was told when I went to the boutique that the workshop decides the price?)

What would you do??
Should I just return it full price? Wait for a newer bag at a higher price? Take advantage of the discount? Will I regret keeping the bag? Was the neverfull the better option all along? Will report back after going to the boutique again. And thanks for reading!

I would return the bag then decide what I wanted after a few days passed after the disappointment over the not as described bag had passed.

If I buy off eBay and it's Not As Described I am usually disappointed and irritated enough that I won't like the item because it's hard for me not to feel lied to if something obvious was not disclosed.

You deserve a nice bag. Get one that makes you feel beautiful. I would not refurbish this bag; I think the seller needs to do it herself, not you. The thrill of owning this bag will be short-lived because it's not in the condition that you want. Basically, you will have regret. There are a lot of Lumineuse showing up on EBay for good prices, so if you want it, then you will find it. Or, you can save for another even more awesome holy grail. :graucho:

Last edited:
I would return the lumi, sounds like there are a few issues going on. You would not be able to fix the wear on the corners and the leather will probably soften up more with use. With a discount, would you be happy with the bag? I would rather spend a little more on a preloved lumi that was in better condition. I would get the NF new. It really depends on which bag would you rather have?

I'd either stay on the lookout for another Lumi or go for a new NF. It seems as though you're disheartened, and rightfully so. It's better served to spend your money on a bag that's going to make you smile, not sigh.

If it were me, I would return the Lumi... I guess on deciding to keep with a discount, would you have purchased the bag in the condition it is REALLY in in the first place, or passed it by? Would you have purchased it to repair it?
You deserve to be really in love with whatever bag you decide on! Good luck in you decision!

I would return it and wait for another preloved lumi. I recently bought a preloved bag that was in worse condition then described. I bought it on eBay from a private seller so couldn't return it and it wasn't so bad that I felt warranted a claim so I had to keep it. I was so disappointed with the condition of it that it affects the way I feel about it. I don't like and I really regret purchasing it so even though it was about 50% the price of a brand new one, it still feels like a waste of money.

If it's cheaper to fix this one than I would but if not than I would return this lumi and wait on another one that is in the condition you will be happy with ! I found an Ombre preloved lumi in like new condition and am very happy with it ! Just get the bag you like the most ..

you deserve a nice bag. Get one that makes you feel beautiful. I would not refurbish this bag; i think the seller needs to do it herself, not you. The thrill of owning this bag will be short-lived because it's not in the condition that you want. Basically, you will have regret. There are a lot of lumineuse showing up on ebay for good prices, so if you want it, then you will find it. Or, you can save for another even more awesome holy grail. :graucho:

+1

Is the Lumi the bag you really want? If so I'd return this bag and wait for one in better condition. Don't just buy a Neverfull because it's cheap, get the bag you really want. Be patient and the perfect one and the right price will pop up on Ebay or another site.

I would definitely return! Wait until after the return is complete and then decide what you really want. Don't settle...even with a discount it's still a lot of money not be be satisfied with the condition.

If you're not happy definitely return.. it will just bug you more with time.
I wouldn't get a never full. its not the most comfortable bag and personally I dont like the way it looks. For good pre-loved options scope out Yoogi's, I saw a few Lumis there for a good price.

I'd definitely return, a purchase that you don't start out excited about only festers.

Keep your eyes open on sites like Yoogi's or Fashionphile, places that offer easy returns and just keep trying. Not sure what kind of pricing/discount you're being offered but another option is, if the handle replacement isn't as expensive as you expect you could perhaps change them out and then just resell it yourself. If you're eBay-savvy and if you think you'd come out ahead when all is said and done.

Good luck deciding!