What would you do if most of your friends leave you??

I got pregnant & my friends all left me. I guess my advice is to move on...meet new friends, whether it's at the gym, mall, here, where ever. It is a bit painfully but after awhile you'll move on. My parents used to tell me that apparently they weren't my real friends. I wish you the best.

I think we make new friends, lose some old, maybe keep one or two...at each different stage of life. I have a friend who I grew up with, we were best friends since grade school, maid of honours for each other, then moved far away and after a few years we got to only talking two or three times a year, I love her and want to know she is well but distance is hard. The worst thing is when something funny or wierd happens and you know that is the one person you could quickly tell it to...but now you really can't. You have to work on making that new wierd-story friend! Well anyway, I hope you meet LOTS of nice new friends IRL and here on TPF. Hugs!!

Right now I'm having a rough time. I never was one to have more then a few friends at a time. My sister was the pretty blonde socialite with a million friends and I always got left behind. I always had a few close friends tho. Well a year ago I moved to Boston and now I'm at square one. I'm 25 but i guess I don't act like it because the girls I work with who are my age wouldn't be caught dead with me outside of work. I'm not grown up enough apparently. It's getting a little tough. I have my fiance's guy friends but it's the sort of thing where I couldn't hang out with them outside of my fiance or else he might get upset. I have one gal friend who's the girlfriend of my fiance's friend but we can't do anything because she doesn't drink or go out or shop or anything. Bla. =P

:sad: Actually, that's why I joined this forum. To meet new people and hopefully new friends.:search:

Is it true? That for one to truly move on, you've got to burn (the old) bridges? and make new ones?:true:

Never a good idea to burn bridges!! You never know what the future holds.

But, I do agree with everyone to meet new friends and cherish the time and experiences you had with your old one....hugs
:P

Life changes people.
Whats really weird is I have these friends from my childhood who if I run into after not seeing for years its like we pick up where we left off. Like those 20 years since I saw them last never happened. Strange.

This is all great advice- you're not alone! I'm going through something similar with my college group, and in a city like NY, it's hard to believe that I'm usually solo outside of work, but you never know who you'll meet tomorrow. I know it's hard to lose a group you've identified with for so long, but there are so many people out there that just be yourself and be open to something new.

One of my friends decided she didn't like me anymore. The rest followed suit. I'm just used to being alone now, I have my puppy. I'd like to make new friends, but there really isn't anywhere to until next year where I start at a new school.

So yeah, I say make new friends :biggrin: