What would you do for a Hermes bag??

AirMezPrincess

Got the H bug!
Mar 3, 2010
Just a thought came to my mind..What would you do to get an Hermes bag? What's the most outrageous/humorous/risky/craziest thing you've had to do to save up or get a bag? I'm considering selling my kidneys, but I'm totally kidding! Please don't tell me you had to knock out another woman to grab that one and only birkin from the shelf!!!:nuts: Share your stories! :biggrin:

While I am saving up for a Birkin, I am brown-bagging it for lunch every day. I used to spend $8-$10 each day eating out.That's an extra $200 per month that can go directly into my Birkin account! Also, I have been selling my old bags/clothing at consignment sales. I know that isn't very exciting, crazy, or risky -- I wish I had something more exciting to share!

While I am saving up for a Birkin, I am brown-bagging it for lunch every day. I used to spend $8-$10 each day eating out.That's an extra $200 per month that can go directly into my Birkin account! Also, I have been selling my old bags/clothing at consignment sales. I know that isn't very exciting, crazy, or risky -- I wish I had something more exciting to share!

Like your thinking:yahoo::yahoo:...and enjoy your bag whenever it comes....

Well dh dared me to learn Mandarin AND get back my pre-pregnancy body by our 10th anni this summer. If I can do both then I get a new BBK. I'm a sahm so my source of income comes from dh. Right now, I'm purging my closet to fund my purse bank.

^^yep I second you there! HM, what a DH and you must be a great wife in any case too...
For now, I am wondering how I'll come up with the cash to pay for my Birkin in a few months...Can't seem to stop buying clothes, for kids AND for me (plus shoes...). I am in my shopping mood and just got a few tops (non Hermès, Isabel Marant, Paul and Joe AND Vanessa Bruno- ). It's sunny once more, gotta stay away from town! Great thing Hermès is 200 km away from me right now...
Sorry, Off Topic!

Work hard, plus be a good wife and partner for DH, whose "support" I couldn't do without - as he is the one, who would rather treat me than himself! :love::cloud9:

What an amazing husband you have! My DH also is the same way. Men are not complicated people. So we shouldn't be complicated in dealing with them. Just be a good wife and partner as you are doing!!

Recently I realize I'v stopped purchasing other things like clothes, shoes, junk and other bags and been committed to saving up to fund my next big H purchases! That's crazy to me because I'm such a shopaholic. I usally buy anything in sight! H has completely transformed how I've chosen to spend money. I've become much wiser and I have stopped my impulsive tendencies. That's crazy to me knowing how I was before!!! I no longer resort to retail therapy. I only desire things that are well made not just because it looks nice. Having a passion for Hermes really has helped me to appreciate (true) quality, not quantity and to think twice about what I'm spending money on.

^^yep I second you there! HM, what a DH and you must be a great wife in any case too...
For now, I am wondering how I'll come up with the cash to pay for my Birkin in a few months...Can't seem to stop buying clothes, for kids AND for me (plus shoes...). I am in my shopping mood and just got a few tops (non Hermès, Isabel Marant, Paul and Joe AND Vanessa Bruno- ). It's sunny once more, gotta stay away from town! Great thing Hermès is 200 km away from me right now...
Sorry, Off Topic!

Flower71, have you considered opening a savings account just for H purchases so you have a visual of how much you'll need to attain your goal? It's helping me so far! Plus you won't overspend on other things cuz you have to save up for H when you your birkin account only has $20 or something (for example!!). Well..im not if that'll help you to monitor your spending but I hope it's a helpful tip.