Would you keep these shoes?

• Yes! It would have happened anyways.

• Yes! They were still a good deal.

• No! Don't buy damaged items.

• No! You have enough shoes.

Results are only viewable after voting.

writetotami

Jan 16, 2009
these were bought for 55 percent off at Neiman's!! they were also the last ones left! I was so excited at the fabulous price and at my great luck, that I bought them without hesitation..

however, when I got home I saw that even though neither shoe shows any sign of previous wear on the sole, the metallic color of the shoe is worn down in many places (please refer to pics attached), showing the black underneath...possibly from the many people who have tried them on before?

the part of the heel where the shoe curves up also has "wrinkles", as if someone bent it or something?

also, they are not *quite* my size (1/2 size up), although I can make them fit without slipping by using those shoe inserts..which sorta breaks my rule of not buying things that are not my size just bc they are such a good deal!

when I'm spending this much on anything(even at 55% off...), I like for them to be in good condition...so now I am thinking about returning them..

so what would you do? keep or return?

would this wearing down of the metallic color happen anyways after a few uses?anyone have any experience on color peeling happening easily with their metallic CL's? if it would happen anyways after I wore them..that might persuade me to keep 'em...

thanks for your feedback! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_5591.JPG
    IMG_5591.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5592.JPG
    IMG_5592.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5593.JPG
    IMG_5593.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5594.JPG
    IMG_5594.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5595.JPG
    IMG_5595.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 74
^ agreed, same thing happend with my rose gold vps

also, the wrinkling on the sole is normal :smile:

Personally, if your not in love with them return them..but if they give you butterflies, keep them :smile:

My purple laminato ronrons have similar marks and I've only worn them a couple of times. I also have a pair of declozeps with silver heels, and the heels have gotten pretty beat up.

Depends on how much you love them - they'll be pretty hard to find otherwise, and like others have said, laminato tends to scuff really easily. But if that really bothers you, return.

My So Private's with laminato heels have some marks & parts that are worn off, so I agree with the others, it's just something that happens with laminato.

If it truely bothers you, I say return them. But if you LOVE them, who cares?! Nobody would be able to tell except you!

I think the color is gorgeous!!

I agree with everyone else, if you do not absolutely love them, return them, because you will not be happy with them. if you keep noticing the marks you probably would not wear them anyway.

Thanks for all the help!

..and I learned a new word-laminato..lol I'm a noobie..previously I've only been a CL admirer from afar..

since they prob would scuff anyways, I think I'm going to keep them

@dbeth...thanks!yes,the color is another factor in keeping them--so practical, they'll go with everything =D