***What would you do? Chanel triple row watch or...?***

Swou

Nov 18, 2011
Hey all,

I have two special occasions coming up so that means, prezzies! ;)

First up is my 10th Wedding Anniversary. For this occasion I was thinking of asking for a diamond bracelet.
Then comes the birth of our second child. For this occassion we had decided we'd upgrade my 1 carat diamond ring to 2 carats (a carat for each of my kids - clever non?;) ).

BUT I've recently begun to obsess over Chanels Triple Row watch. I don't currently own a "high-end" watch, I never thought I would pay so much for such a thing but there is something about this one. Does anyone else here own one? Could you model pics please?
Do you think the 8k (or more) price tag is ridiculous? I don't see myself as a Rolex person btw.

Your imput is greatly appreciated. :smile:

So I finally got the chance to try the Triple Row watch myself yesterday, in White and in Black, and my mind is made up. I am INLOVE with the black one. :loveeyes::loveeyes::heart::hbeat::hbeat: I'm attaching pictures in case anyone is curious on what they look like. Now my only problem is having to wait a few months until my next trip to Paris... They currently retail 11,200 USD (without taxes included) and it's more interesting to buy in France.

Attachments

• IMG-20130128-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20130128-WA0000.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG-20130128-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20130128-WA0001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 803
The black watch is lovely, but I also love the idea of an extra carat in your engagement ring.... yikes, it's a tough one! Good Luck and big Congratulations on your two upcoming events:smile:

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary and your second child coming soon! I think the watches look lovely on you! Would this replace the anniversary gift and you can still upgrade your diamond for your second child or this would replace both gifts?

Watches, as nice as they'd are only retain 20-25% of their value over time. The exception is only 2-3 styles of men's rolexes and this about it. On that alone, I would do the extra carat upgrade.

Congratulations! What a special occasion:smile: For $11K, you have much better options out there in terms of watches. Go with something that would retain value a bit better than the Chanel triple row...but if you're not excited about any other brand/style, then I'd go with the carat upgrade, or even a pair of simple 1 carat studs.

Congratulations! What a special occasion:smile: For $11K, you have much better options out there in terms of watches. Go with something that would retain value a bit better than the Chanel triple row...but if you're not excited about any other brand/style, then I'd go with the carat upgrade, or even a pair of simple 1 carat studs.

I agree!

Hi! My honest opinion. I do not like the watch at all. The style looks a bit cheesy to me, but more importantly, I do not think it will past the test of time.

I would definitely get a large diamond, for sure.

If you are set on a watch, I would get a company known for making high end watches. I love Rolexes and own several. Their styles are classic and you can go feminine (the classic Date-Just) or sporty (the Daytona). If not Rolex, try Cartier.

And honestly, if you have a Chanel bag, plus a Chanel necklace that I see in the photo, plus a Chanel watch, it's a bit too much Chanel. You will look like a walking Chanel advertisement and that you buy Chanel to flash Chanel, and not look like a fashionista.

Speaking of fashion and high end... if the look you are going for is high end luxury, then definitely upgrade your diamond. A big diamond is statement by itself. Sad to say, but yes... women check out each other's diamond, especially those who buy high end luxury goods. Check out at Tiffany diamonds... they are to die for, pure brilliance. Yes, expensive, but totally worth it. I love Tiffany diamonds. And I agree with the Chanabal... a 3 carat diamond is all you need to flash bling. Makes a statement on its owns. :smile:

My humble opinion in sharing my thoughts.

Last edited:
Congrats on your upcoming anniversary and new baby! The question you have to ask is if you will still love the watch in 10-15 years from now. I feel that this style is definitely a more fashionable item. For a luxury watch, I personally prefer something that is classic and timeless. But that's just me. If $$$ is not an issue, then go for what you love. Have fun deciding!!

Congrats on your new baby and anniversary! I would definitely go with a diamond, as those hold value a lot more and are stunning to look at, you wear them always (at least, that was the advice of my SA years ago, to wear it always), and they never go out of style. If you ever desire, you could just change the setting while keeping the valuable diamond(s). I personally would go with a classic watch, but that's me and not you.