What would you buy with a $5,000 budget?

Thanks for all the input! I guess I should've provided a bit more info. I have a nice watch already (Cartier tank and Vintage Rolex), I have some VCA pieces(bracelet, pendant and earrings) and have always love the LOVE. But, when I come on this forum I always discover interesting pieces that I never would've thought of on my own, hadn't seen or designers I hadn't heard of. I'll let you know what I decide...any other thoughts...bring em!!!

Thanks for all the input! I guess I should've provided a bit more info. I have a nice watch already (Cartier tank and Vintage Rolex), I have some VCA pieces(bracelet, pendant and earrings) and have always love the LOVE. But, when I come on this forum I always discover interesting pieces that I never would've thought of on my own, hadn't seen or designers I hadn't heard of. I'll let you know what I decide...any other thoughts...bring em!!!
The van Cleef Perlee bangles are really nice and easily removed which is good if you
don't like to sleep in jewellery .
Also I know there has been some issues with the screw system on the new Love bracelet, but maybe it has been sorted out now ? I am sure some other ladies will know .

Just noticed there is a thread on this subject below ,sorry I don't know how to paste a link .

The Love!
I'm really intrigued with the Love and have been for a while. (I like the idea of something you never take off....of course I could never get a tattoo, so I may be romanticizing the concept of permanence.)
I asked for one when we were at, or rather in front of, the Cartier in Prague. but sadly my spouse bought me some cheap garnets instead. (claimed my daughter picked them out!)
I should not complain, it was not a big birthday, but I am envious! And I'd pick a Love.
Enjoy the dilemma!

I would buy a diamond pendant, maybe the yellow diamond soleste from tiffany, the LOVE, or a few platinum and diamond dainty stackable bracelets from tiffany like the diamond daisy and infinity :biggrin:

Given all of this info, I say get the LOVE. You really want it and you won't regret getting it. It's such a beautiful, understated piece and has such a wonderful meaning.

I think you should get something that speaks to you. Don't get the love bracelet if you only want it because everyone else wants it - you'll just end up growing tired of it when the next hot piece comes around. But if it will mean something to you or if your husband proposed getting you it as a symbolic gesture then sure why not.

But I'm getting tired of all the people who just want the love bracelet because of its current popularity. It is diluting the symbolism behind the bracelet when people are just buying it for themselves as a fashion statement. But hey, maybe I'm biased bc of how special mine is to me.

If I had $5K, I would probably buy:
Cartier Trinity Ring and
this necklace:
Paloma's Venezia Stella diamond rim pendant

Depending on the ring, I could possibly have money leftover. :smile:

Last edited: