What would make you want to leave Tpf...

Because people are mean in real life and if they sometimes control it it's because they have to. On a forum where no one knows them they can let their true colors show. Sad but true.

There's also been research that shows that even normally nice people become mean in internet communities because the anonymity and lack of consequences brings out something mean and aggressive in them.

Reactions: uhpharm01
Precisely. As I typed that I had you in mind. Meanie!

What makes you think I'm nice in real life? :devil:

I think it's more that people feel free to speak their true mind and opinion without having to worry about be "PC".

Absolutely. There is definitely some of that going on. I think also that things escalate faster, so that even nice posters end up being overly drawn in to a quickly degrading thread much more easily than if it were a quickly degrading argument in real life.

It's like this famous xkcd:

duty_calls.png

ETA: Vlad: I originally hotlinked because xkcd allows it.

Reactions: SakuraSakura
Life changes, I guess. If I become too busy or no longer interested in purses and move on to another form of collective gratification, I'll probably spend most of my time with that. As for the rudeness, actually I call it bluntness, of people I can tolerate so that wouldn't cause me to leave tPF.

I've taken breaks in the past; busy with life or I get caught up in other things. I've always come back though. What would make me leave forever is if I felt like I was being bullied or harassed. Unfortunately, I've seen situations where certain members would continuously get ganged-up on and mocked in their threads. It would always leave a bad taste in my mouth. So if that happened to me, I'd definitely never come back.

I've taken breaks in the past; busy with life or I get caught up in other things. I've always come back though. What would make me leave forever is if I felt like I was being bullied or harassed. Unfortunately, I've seen situations where certain members would continuously get ganged-up on and mocked in their threads. It would always leave a bad taste in my mouth. So if that happened to me, I'd definitely never come back.

agree - bullying and harassment, there's just no need or place for it, ever. We are all unique.

i haven't seen any drama or anything that would make me want to leave (yet). it's been a really nice experience so far.
I've only come across really nice people. If I ever leave, it'll probably be because I'm bored with it. Or because this
site makes me want to shop too much. lol

Bumping this thread. Im leaving for Instagram. I'm finding lately that the bag part of the forum contains too much chat between friends. For example I go to a reveal of an item that I'm interested in and the OP posts one picture, very little detail and there's 3 million messages about how nice it is then the chat goes off on a tangent. It makes it so difficult to assess the look and function of a bag.

Edited: PM for IG

Last edited:
Reactions: Evia