What would be the best way?

babydol

just me....Paula!
O.G.
Jan 21, 2007
Here's the deal. I have a Speedy 30 that I'm wanting to put up on ebay, but I'm not sure of the best way to list it. I didn't buy it. It wasn't a gift. It was found at the place that my husband works. He brought it home to me and judging from the lovely people in the "authenticate this" posts (starting at Page 674 if you're curious) it was deemed authentic, so woohoo on that note! No keys, no receipts, no dustbag, just the bag by itsself in all of its monogram glory.

Its just not ME. I'm not a handheld bag type of person and I dont want it to just sit up in a closet cuz its a lovely bag. I'm just not sure what the best way to list it would be. I've sold previous bags on ebay, but they've been things that i've purchased, such as from let-trade. How should I go about with this?

Wow. You're lucky, that's all I can say.

That being said, just go to Louis Vuitton's website, or eLuxury and get all the specs from that site so you can list them in your listing, and don't use stock photos. That's a no-no, especially these days on eBay. You want to prove as much as possible its authenticity.

Take MANY clear photos, and be as concise as you can. Be honest and up front that it doesn't come with a dustbag—because believe me, you will be asked. Not sure if I would say it was found, however, as that could make a potential bidder/buyer very cautious.

Take really good, clear photos of the date stamp code and the heat stamp of the Louis Vuitton, Made in France, etc. as you will be asked by people that know what they're doing for these photos. Use your macro setting on your digital camera so the pics are VERY clear for close-ups.

You don't need to say anything, just that you're selling it. Good luck!

Wow. You're lucky, that's all I can say.

That being said, just go to Louis Vuitton's website, or eLuxury and get all the specs from that site so you can list them in your listing, and don't use stock photos. That's a no-no, especially these days on eBay. You want to prove as much as possible its authenticity.

Take MANY clear photos, and be as concise as you can. Be honest and up front that it doesn't come with a dustbag—because believe me, you will be asked. Not sure if I would say it was found, however, as that could make a potential bidder/buyer very cautious.

Take really good, clear photos of the date stamp code and the heat stamp of the Louis Vuitton, Made in France, etc. as you will be asked by people that know what they're doing for these photos. Use your macro setting on your digital camera so the pics are VERY clear for close-ups.

You don't need to say anything, just that you're selling it. Good luck!

Thats what I was thinking, but I guess I'm just paranoid. Normally in the past I've mentioned that I purchased the bag from let-trade and referenced that page or whatnot along with posting my own pictures and everything, but this I have nothing BUT my pictures!

And now I've been reading some of the other posts about ebay being incredibly heinous and taking down posts and whatnot and its making me sort of not want to list it, yet I hate for it to just sit around when it could fund other things:graucho:

I put in an application for the Marketplace here about a week or so ago so maybe I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I get into there and somebody might be interested.

It looks like ebay has been pulling LV and Chanel listings left and right lately.

And it's not about authenticity or wording/photos in your listing.

These companies don't want anyone selling these bags w/out their permission.

It looks like ebay has been pulling LV and Chanel listings left and right lately.

And it's not about authenticity or wording/photos in your listing.

These companies don't want anyone selling these bags w/out their permission.

Its not fair. Whts the point of ebay then? Its not like the stores will resell them for you.

Wow, lucky you to have come across this lovely bag!

Good luck going the ebay route...I have not been able to list my LV or Coach items even though I have a long standing history of being a powerseller and selling designer items...they are really cracking down. Unfortunately they are cracking down on the wrong people!