What would be included in Chanel presale at NM?

ladyhz

O.G.
May 19, 2006
I got an email from a SA from NM telling me Chanel is going to have their handbag presale on Monday. Does anyone have any idea what would be included? Are caviar flap bags ever on sale?:shame:

I got an email from a SA from NM telling me Chanel is going to have their handbag presale on Monday. Does anyone have any idea what would be included? Are caviar flap bags ever on sale?:shame:

Caviar flap bags are almost impossible to go on sale. But hang on tight. I am going to head to NM during lunch, which I know the crowd is going to be crazy.

Can anyone venture to guess what will go on sale? I'm thinking maybe the Outdoor ligne - if not the brown and black perhaps the red and blue in that collection. I remember reading in here the Outdoor wasn't a best seller and I saw several bags at my local NM earlier this week. I'd love to get an Ultimate Soft on sale! I won't buy any old bag for the sake of a sale; it has to be something I would really love and use, like my Cambons.

I would die if the Ultimate Soft went on sale....highly highly doubt it. I love that bag to death! The large (or is it XL, the $1675 one) version at least seems to be a pretty scarce/high-in-demand item; I saw it at the Chanel boutique a week or so ago....hesitated about the purchase....when I went back it was gone :sad: Then I had my Saks SA try to track one down for me -- and she's been on the phone with a bunch of stores and it seems that there's only one Saks that *might* be willing to release it -- it's currently on-hold for another customer.

Does any NM stores have the black large/XL Ultimate Soft by any chance?

This summer didn't the Cambon line go on sale? I remember seeing Reporter bags at sale prices. Were they bad sellers? I always see them all over the place. Cambons that is - not too many reporters.

I am hoping that it would be the cambon line (which I absolutely love) and the fabric(two seasons ago) classic flaps. That's where I am going to put my money on. This past summer they had the reporter bags on sale as low as $700 I think. But I doubt the white CC on black/black on black reporters will go on sale.

I spoke to my favorite and most helpful SA at NM and she said that she would have the details on Monday morn.

Btw, what's the ultimate soft? Sorry I am not too familiar with that. Are you talking about the diagonal CC ones?

Items on sale at NM
Cambon black on black reporter - $2,381
Large Tote Nylon (Looks like black satin and quilted in the front with a flap) - No price
Sherling (not sure whether I am spelling this correctly) but it has fur at the edges. Measures about 14"x7" - $1,137
Stingray in blue and white - No price
Caviar burgundy flap bag 11"x5" - No price

Items on sale at NM
Cambon black on black reporter - $2,381
Large Tote Nylon (Looks like black satin and quilted in the front with a flap) - No price
Sherling (not sure whether I am spelling this correctly) but it has fur at the edges. Measures about 14"x7" - $1,137
Stingray in blue and white - No price
Caviar burgundy flap bag 11"x5" - No price
THanks a lot.