What Woud You Do For An MMS?

kaojoe

Jun 16, 2008
this post is not exactly what the title makes it seem...but, I am looking for some advice.

I had my heart set on an aubergine MMS, but the deal fell through and now it's gone. :shucks:

So, now I am still convinced I want an MMS. I could becouture an aubergine one, but it will be $$$. Or, I could buy an in-stock taupe one, which is close to the same $$$. I feel kind of funny buying either of these for $$$ because I know they were just available in the sample sale and that seems like a bad $ decision to buy something at twice the price it was 2-3 weeks ago.

I could get a tan midi for about 1/2 the price, but brown is not typically my color. I wear lots of black and grey and I'm just not sure tan will do it for me. What do you think? Or should I just try to muster up patience and hope that another mms will pop up in a color that is better suited to me and that I will be able to jump on it fast enough to snag it??

Your thoughts please as I ponder this all important decision!!

I agree with tlloveshim, if you wear a lot of black and grey, that Cobalt on Bon would be lovely.

Ok, this is terribly practical advice, but.... what can you afford? If you can easily Couture one and have your heart set on Aubergine, then do it.

The flip side to that is.... what if the person that just got the one you speak of doesn't care for it and relists it? That happens frequently. Another Aubergine could pop up. Or another color that you would like.

So many BE's, so little time :choochoo:

LOL! Yeah, I'm not a huge blue person either! The price is tempting! Well, I wouldn't do the tan if you're pretty sure it isn't a color for you. You won't save anything in the long run because you'll have a bag you don't use and you could have used the funds to purchase it toward a bag you would use. You could wait a bit to see if one pops up or wait for another BE sale later on down the line. I know it's hard to wait though!

I personally would wait to see if another would pop up! And in the meantime save for the one I want, so if needed I could BEC exactly the one I like.
But the Taupe will probably come on sale again..you must cross fingers nobody buys it..and it looks great with blacks and greys!!

Thanks for all of your thoughts. You're probably all right that I should wait to get THE bag I want. I just have a horrible time being patient...so, of course now I've started looking at all the threads on here discussing how great matte tan leather is and what a great spring/summer color it is!!

By the way, I also do know how to spell "would," but I guess in my haste to get some BE advice, my spelling went out the window!!

hmm yeah if the bag exists, I would just save and wait unless you know you're going to get a lot of use out of the bag then it would be worth the BEC :smile:

not an easy decision and I have the same problem about being patient!! it totally pays off though. :smile:

I personally would wait to see if another would pop up! And in the meantime save for the one I want, so if needed I could BEC exactly the one I like.
But the Taupe will probably come on sale again..you must cross fingers nobody buys it..and it looks great with blacks and greys!!

And does the taupe look great with browns as well?

Kaojoe, is there a possibility that Jackie might put another taupe MMS up as a stock bag? I bet Rose could answer that for you. Does BE even have all their spring stock bags up on the website yet? And I'm like you -- I want an MMS so badly, but I am going to be very picky about what color.

Kaojoe, when do you NEED this bag? Immediately for some occasion? If not, I'd pay the $180 down payment then order a month or 2 months before you want the bag to be sent. Then you'll have a month or 2 months to save the rest of the $$ for the BEC. A full-sized MMS runs around $750-$760 dollars, right? So you only have to make a final payment of around $580, and you'd have some time to save up the extra $$ for the finished product. What do you think?

I tend to agree with Moon..IF this IS the bag for you..you can place an order on BEC..just to secure this scarce leather..and have it finalized later. You set the date on BEC!

Oh Yes, Moon..the Taupe goes almost with everything..