What will you do if you realize you were charged for a piece you never receive?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away seven more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ok so I know the topic sounds like kind of stupid. Of course then you tell the SA. However, here is my story. So I was going over my receipts from Chanel purchase. The I found one of receipts (in Jan 2016) has a price of RTW indicating skirt fantasy tweed. So I never bought any skirts from Chanel (yet). Now the SA just left Chanel but she referred me to her colleague which happens to be the store manager. So now I'm wondering how should I handle this ? Should I ask my previous SA first or should I ask the current SA? I'm also wondering maybe I have bad memory? But the thing is it says skirt and the only Chanel skirt I have is a vintage piece tho I know it is partially my fault that I didn't check my receipt just because I trusted my SA and she never has any mistake.
    Thank you so much for all the opinion in advance.

2. This has happened to me at NM. They charged m/l flap on my credit card and the SA never told me and I had no idea. When I went to pay my cc I thought it was unusually high because I couldn't pin point a large purchase I had made that month. I never received anything in the mail and I couldn't think of what it was. Then I called NM and the SA and they said that they had shipped it to me and that I was on a list for the item (I don't remember putting my name on the list). Insisted that I should have it. I didn't receive it... Then after a week (after I called multiple times) they had found the bag in the back stock room!!

Point being... I would keep asking questions and be communicative because errors do happen!

3. Thank you so much for the input. I'll defiantly so so :smile:

4. I had something similar happen at NM where I was charged more for 2 pieces of jewelry than what I knew the current retail prices were. I would never have even noticed had I not decided to return one item and was given credit for retail price and not the price I paid. Thankfully I brought it to the attention of the SA and was given proper credit. It made me realize that I should always look at receipts to make sure they are accurate. Good luck and hope you get it straightened out.

5. Let this be a wise lesson for all of us to always check our receipts; mistakes can happen.
    I hope you can get this resolved.

6. If I am not mistaken, you can do a charge back on your credit card if you find a transaction that is irregular even after you have paid the bill. Some credit card companies reverse the charge immediately while they conduct an investigation, so it forces the retailer to provide proof of the transaction being complete-- signed receipt/charge approved by customer and customer receiving goods. Other companies may not reverse the charge but will investigate and give you a decision (reverse the charge, or transaction is valid, charge stays on). Then this way, you don't have to do the work of investigating it yourself. This is why i always pay for things with a credit card, more secure than bank wire/cash in my opinion. So.. How did things turn out for you? Any updates?

7. Maybe the word "skirt" is in the name of a bag you purchased or something of that sort. I say do a charge back though, I don't mess with those sorts of things at all and the longer you wait the harder it will be

8. A M/L Flap is a LARGE mistake...lol. I would definitely harass the heck out of the store too if this was on my CC bill.

9. If you purchased the item on a certain credit card, the credit card company can definitely help you settle the difference for you instead of you having to deal with that. I use both Amex Centurion and Chase Sapphire Preferred and its super easy to claim any wrong amount that has been charged to your account.

10. I'm not sure you'll have any true recourse considering it was 6+ months ago to be honest.

11. Hello laadies,
    so things got resolved! I talked to my previous SA and we realized it was a shuit on sale that she charged it for me to held it for me since she thought I might like it (of course it was under my approval). Then it turned out I did not like it, so she returned and canceled the transaction. All this happened in the same day on top of I was also buying other RTW. So in somehow that specific transaction got missed... so anyways, things got resolved! Thank goodness I have really good relationship with my SA. They just went ahead and give me refund even though I already paid for it :biggrin:

12. That's awesome and glad this got resolved! I understand it's how we do things now, but I do get a bit antsy with having people just charge my card without my signature and all. I get obsessively concerned and often wonder that they can always charge accidentally and not remember...
    Anyway, this is great and have a great rest of your weekend!

13. Yay! I'm happy for you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice