What will be your 2009 Fall fragrance?

Sep 23, 2006
Okay so summer is almost over, I want to know what are you wearing in the Fall season? This past summer I wore Gap Dream body spray. I am thinking about putting in my fragrance rotation both Christian Dior's Hypnotic Poison and Pure Poison. Last two seasons I wore Burberry (original) and Chanel Chance (original). So what will be in your rotation for this coming season?

I think I will use Ambre Narguilé by Hermès again for fall. I love it, but right now it's so hot the sweetness gets obnoxious... Other than that Terre d'Hermès (yes it's a men's fragrance and I don't care lol)

I love Miss Dior Cherie'. I don't know much about the Hermes fragrances. Partly because when I go to sephora, I never think to try them. I have smelled them and the ones that I did smell didn't leave a lasting impression (it also could be because I smelled them in the bottle and not on a sample swatch/on myself). I think I might smell the ones you mention. I love Amber scented fragrances. Also, I noticed that a lot of ladies are wearing men's fragrances lately. I will say that some do smell wonderful on women though. I really like the Escada Magnetism for men.

I'm not very fond of amber fragrances, with the exception of Stella by Stella McCartney and only because the amber smell is very slight. I'm thinking about either getting Stella again for fall, or Chanel Chance. Right now I'm using Gap's So Pink, but I believe it's too flowery-fresh for the cooler months.

I dont wear specific scents according to season, and will wear whatever I feel like wearing that Ive got but I do have my top 3 for fall..I will be wearing Classique by JPG the edp, its a very floral oriental fragrance with vanilla and amber - perfect for fall! Un Bois Vanille by Serge Luten which is a pretty sweet fscent that reminds me a bit of pink sugar. For something lighter I'll be wearing Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal which is a fruity floral perfume with peach, vanilla and rose. Ive also got Miss Dior Cherie and will probably be wearing that too!

Interesting that some don't really change scents with the season. I have always changed scents with the seasons. I'm not sure why. I guess because partly some of my scents are too heavy for certain seasons. Well, I also get bored of the same scent too. So sometimes I change my scent very often to keep it interesting for me.

I get sick of my perfumes very easily (like, when they're half full), right now I haven't gotten sick of the ones I've been using since spring: Kate Moss (the pink one) and Valentino (also the pink one).. I finished my second bottle of GF Ferre so I might end up getting that one for fall.. Or I might just go look for a new perfume :s

I would really like to buy dior cherie!

I love that perfume, but sadly it makes me sneeze everytime I put it on! So I don't wear it anymore :sad:

I want to buy a new fragrance for fall but not sure what I want yet. I usually wear my Dior Addict for fall since it's pretty heavy.

And I absolutely LOVE Fagile by Jean Paul Gaultier. I save that one for the fall :smile:

Last edited:
I went a long, long time without changing out my Fred Haymen 273 and my Donna Karan Cashmere Mist. but recently I made a list of the ones I wanted to try (based on most of the favorites on this board) so here's my cache now:

Hermes Kelly Calechet (Awesome)
Lolita Lempika L (Excellent)
Donna karan Gold (Not lovin' it)
Bvlgari amethyst (excellent)
Bvulgari rose (so-so; it's like wine, needs a little breathing time)
Lanvin something or other (so-so)

I think I'll stick with my bvulgari Au the Blanc for daytime, and rotate the others in the evenings. Am still dying to try Tom Ford'ss private collection - one day!