What weird things do you do???

I always hold my bag in toward my body if I feel I'm going to brush up against something (door, door handle, etc.) so the bag doesn't get scratched. I prop it up on its little "pillow" in my file cabinet at work so it doesn't have to feel the cold file cabinet drawers on its little leather body. I am quite obsessive about it!

Yesterday I went out to eat at a restaurant where we had to sit on barstools ... thus no place to put my Part Time...so I simply kept it hanging off my shoulder for the entire meal!!! And it was FULL of stuff!! :smile:

I stare at my bag while I'm on the phone or waiting for a red light....

:shame: sad but true..... :yes:

I have had many, many handbags in my life. LV, Gucci, Fendi, YSL, Marc...you name it, I've had it. I used to be a Handbag BUYER for crying out loud!!!!

I have never loved a handbag as much as my BBag :love: :heart:

I'll glance at my b-bag (whether sitting on the bed, hanging on a chair somewhere in a restaurant) and think I see stains, which is actually the glare of lights creating highlights and shadows and I grab my bag and inspect it several times before making sure it was just the lighting then I set it down... yeah, I know.... p.s.y.c.h.o..... right?!

I'm another one who does that too LOL!:P I also protect my bag when in crowded areas as I don't want anyone who bumps into me to scratch my bag.

I remember making my parents laugh when we went out for a meal together, because it started raining and I hid my bag under my waist length coat and made myself look like those kids acting pregnant!:shame:

one time my hubby picked one of my bbags up and started to unzip, zip my bbag (I think he was comparing two bbags to help me choose which one I should keep...BAD move on my part to ask for his opinion! LOL!)...
I started going into panic mode...he was PINCHING the leathers to compare thickness and I was shrieking at him: "STOP IT! STOP IT! GIVE IT BACK TO ME! DON'T TOUCH IT!" He probably thought it was hilarious but I know the look on my face was one of horror... :wtf:

I really don't baby my bags. I keep them moisturized and sprayed with AppleGuard so I don't have to baby them. I don't like it if I put it on a chair and someone comes to sit down and plops it on the floor. My main concern is making sure my new puppy can't reach the tassels or any of my bags. It's time for her to cut her adult teeth and she will chew on anything and everything she can get ahold of right now. I got her a collar with a bell so I know where she is in the house. :P She hates it.

omg I did that early today when I waiting for the elevator (thought i saw a dirt spot...nonexistent....) and the elevator came and the people in it looked at me like I was on drugs...:P

and the other day on the escalator at macy's this girl behind me STEPPED ON MY TASSEL... my boyfriend shot her a "you don't even know what you just did but....RUN" look.... :P

Ur bf is AWESOME! hahhaha

I 100% refuse to let any part of the leather touch the floor (in my own house, a restaurant, the floor of my car, wherever...)

It has to be ON MY LAP in restaurants.

Lastly... I do not let anyone touch it. Peoples' greasy, dirty fingers on my pretty little bag is a repulsive notion.

I'm not VERY careful, but I'd never put it outside on the ground. I had a friend of mine hold it for me once I had to have my hands free and she took it and actually put it on the ground! When I ASKED her to hold it for me :rant:

I also condiotion my bbag and do as anufangava and use tape (those rolls to remore hair and dust from clothes) on the interiour.

I love this thread, seems like I have many slightly OC friends!

Just yesterday it was raining and I couldn't find a plastic coat to wrap my beloved day bag, I took my coat and made sure it completely covered the bag before I ran into my car. Once inside the car, I immediately unwrapped my bag and checked if there were any rain drops...whew, none:yahoo: My files and charts that I was carrying got wet though, oh well......

When I pick up my day bag, I usually pick it up by the ring area, so I don't touch the handle, and once I grab a hold of it, I hoist it up on my shoulder immediately so I avoid touching the strap at all:yes: And yes, I definitely do a scratch check often, and never never set my bag on the floor:yes: