What watch is this?!

Hi,

My guess, and I'm really going "all in" here - and someone please, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Vintage Rolex Datejust 1601 yellow gold, rivet(s) yellow gold bracelet. Dial could be matte.

What I'm going by:

Picture 1: Reflection at 2 o'clock indicates a lens. Visible gap between end link and first link of bracelet, dots on bracelet links corners (rivets). Large gaps between links in general, but especially visible between 2nd and 3rd link, 3rd link has obviously quite a bit of play. -> Typical stretch for old/vintage gold bracelets, especially on bracelets with rivets. Crystal (in this case it would be made from acrylic) is pretty "domed".

Picture 2: Watch has no crown guard. Visible reflection at 3 o'clock (lens). Typical indices.

I'm undecided on the bezel, could be fluted, could be smooth ...

Case looks more round (probably worn a lot/polished) than today's cases.

Here's something you can look at, it's an old, probably inactive, offer from 2015 on rolexforums.com - just for reference.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=442150

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Hi there, this was such an informative reply thank you. You seem to have a wealth of knowledge!!! I thought it could be a rolex. I do however have another screenshot below and the style seems to be vintage?! What do you think?

Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 21.22.22.png
Hi,

My guess, and I'm really going "all in" here - and someone please, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Vintage Rolex Datejust 1601 yellow gold, rivet(s) yellow gold bracelet. Dial could be matte.

What I'm going by:

Picture 1: Reflection at 2 o'clock indicates a lens. Visible gap between end link and first link of bracelet, dots on bracelet links corners (rivets). Large gaps between links in general, but especially visible between 2nd and 3rd link, 3rd link has obviously quite a bit of play. -> Typical stretch for old/vintage gold bracelets, especially on bracelets with rivets. Crystal (in this case it would be made from acrylic) is pretty "domed".

Picture 2: Watch has no crown guard. Visible reflection at 3 o'clock (lens). Typical indices.

Here's something you can look at, it's an old, probably inactive, offer from 2015 on rolexforums.com - just for reference.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Reactions: the_black_tie_diyer
Hmmm.... I’m no expert at all but it seems too thin to be a Rolex Datejust. All my Rolexes are much thicker and I have a very old one. Also, i thought all Datejust watches had the Rolex “crown” logo at the 12 o’clock position but hers doesn’t and it looks like it’s only a dial marker. Also, is the thin bangle supposed to be a Cartier love? Does not look real to me, so are all these items replicas, not fakes, because her watch is not trying to be a fake a Rolex as the 12 o’clock crown is not there, just more like inspired pieces.

Just a guess...

Hi,

What I'm going by:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Oliver

I do not know if you are correct or not but I truly applaud the obvious effort and wealth of information you shared! Thank you!

Hi there, this was such an informative reply thank you. You seem to have a wealth of knowledge!!! I thought it could be a rolex. I do however have another screenshot below and the style seems to be vintage?! What do you think?

View attachment 4219291

Hi!

Well that doesn't exactly make it any easier. ;) Sorry. From this picture it seems there are no rivets, the crown looks "interesting" and everything that could help is kinda blurry.

Any chance you tell me/us were those screenshots are coming from? That might help.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Hmmm.... I’m no expert at all but it seems too thin to be a Rolex Datejust. All my Rolexes are much thicker and I have a very old one. Also, i thought all Datejust watches had the Rolex “crown” logo at the 12 o’clock position but hers doesn’t and it looks like it’s only a dial marker. Also, is the thin bangle supposed to be a Cartier love? Does not look real to me, so are all these items replicas, not fakes, because her watch is not trying to be a fake a Rolex as the 12 o’clock crown is not there, just more like inspired pieces.

Just a guess...

Judging only by the 3rd picture I'd agree with you. :smile:

But I think in the 1st, and 2nd picture there's a hint of the crown at 12 o'clock. Plus in picture 1, it seems to be a lot thicker than in picture 3. ... It's really hard to tell with all "interesting" parts being so blurred.

I hope the OP shares the "source" with us. We might see a clearer then, no pun intended.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Might be a vintage DJ, as pointed out; the loose bracelet and the cyclop are a clue.
Size was 36 mm and it's quite different from the current reference, whose lugs are wider.
Rolex has no clear specs, you can search and ask in any watch forum but even if you had better, or even hi-res photos, there would be no certainty of originality.

The only way is to open it and check whether bracelet and case's numbers do match up, in terms of year and reference.

I gave up on Rolex 15 years ago; they were more affordable, they are absolutely reliable and keep the value (today has become an obsession), but the design is predictable and there are too many fakes.

Reactions: thatgirlayesha
Might be a vintage DJ, as pointed out; the loose bracelet and the cyclop are a clue.
Size was 36 mm and it's quite different from the current reference, whose lugs are wider.
Rolex has no clear specs, you can search and ask in any watch forum but even if you had better, or even hi-res photos, there would be no certainty of originality.

The only way is to open it and check whether bracelet and case's numbers do match up, in terms of year and reference.

(...)

Hi,

Thats obviously correct, but I thought it was more about the modell and not so much about authenticity of the watch pictured. I wouldn‘t dare to determine authenticity based on pictures.

Kind regards,
Oliver

My bet is it’s an inspired Rolex and therefore the exact model is irrelevant. A Rolex that is all gold, oyster bracelet, smooth bezel, AND so thin seems suspicious to me and as I said... looking at the rest of the photo and bling, I doubt it is an all gold Rolex.

That’s said OP... it is modeled after a Rolex so if you like Rolex, just search on all gold Rolex watches, the Presidential model is the one that comes to mine as not all Rolexes come in all gold.

Judging only by the 3rd picture I'd agree with you. :smile:

But I think in the 1st, and 2nd picture there's a hint of the crown at 12 o'clock. Plus in picture 1, it seems to be a lot thicker than in picture 3. ... It's really hard to tell with all "interesting" parts being so blurred.

I hope the OP shares the "source" with us. We might see a clearer then, no pun intended.

Kind regards,
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

This is the source - her name is Violette_fr and she actually wears a watch in a lot of her videos. I try slowing down the time and then try and spot the watch. I have watched a lot of her videos from her channel . This is her instagram also

I screenshotted another picture (below). Still has me puzzled! Haha!
Thanks so much in advance ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 22.02.50.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 22.02.50.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 303

Just a guess...
This is her YouTube channel. I'm more than certain it's all real. She's the Estee Lauder Global Beauty Director.
Yeah I also thought Rolexes were much thicker. The last picture I posted looks to have a crown