what was your very very first MJ? And do you still own it?

TAD! cann't believe it your first MJ was a fake one, What happened there? I guess that's how we have a powerhouse MJ TAD now...

haha, thanks! one day i just decided i wanted a new bag, so i was researching designers that weren't so overexposed like lv or prada. i stumbled across mj on ebay and i bought an "espresso" venetia from a seller with great feedback. i proudly carried it for six months until the pushlock fell off one day. i joined tpf to ask about repairs then the authenticity issue came up, and i believe it was thithi who broke the news to me. a bad beginning that sparked an obsession. :lol:

Mine was the black satchel (thats really the name). I still have it but don't use it as much.
I think I bought it in 2004, it has a flap that closes with the pushlock. I have a pic, but not at the moment. In her hey day, she had been around the block more than a few times, especially since she was my first and only for a long time! I think thats why I won't part, too many memories, etc.

Ooops, my bag does have a real name its the Guinevere (I just forgot).

My first MJ was the large multi-pocket and I still have it. I got it in 2006, but I don't use it that much because of the weight.

My first MbMJ was the hillier and I love that bag!

fun thread!

Mine would be the black patchwork venetia and grey quilted zc (first boutique purchase).
I still have the venetia but I've never used it. The grey quilted zc went to a lovely PF'r who shall remain nameless...but you know who you are! ;)

it's funny how I remember my first MJ more than my first bf. :lol:
guess he wasn't as memorable!

My first MBMJ - Classic "Jessica" Tote in Wine, it's sitting in my closet because one of the buckle came out...need to get it fix

My first MJ - "Kristina" Shoulder Bag in Purple, love it but I only use it occasionally.

fun thread!

Mine would be the black patchwork venetia and grey quilted zc (first boutique purchase).
I still have the venetia but I've never used it. The grey quilted zc went to a lovely PF'r who shall remain nameless...but you know who you are! ;)

it's funny how I remember my first MJ more than my first bf. :lol:
guess he wasn't as memorable!

It's so funny KItcat. Yes, I do remember my very first designer purse but not my first boyfriend. I guess we are allow to "be in love " with Marc and go crazy with his babies and still got a approval stamp from our husbands

haha, thanks! one day i just decided i wanted a new bag, so i was researching designers that weren't so overexposed like lv or prada. i stumbled across mj on ebay and i bought an "espresso" venetia from a seller with great feedback. i proudly carried it for six months until the pushlock fell off one day. i joined tpf to ask about repairs then the authenticity issue came up, and i believe it was thithi who broke the news to me. a bad beginning that sparked an obsession. :lol:

That is just the wildest thing! Just like Anteater said, our own Tad, the powerhouse, the High Priestess of Boutiqueland... look at you now, Tad. Just look at you (and your amazing collection) now. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mine was a MBMJ navy & white fabric print & white patent with a scarf. I think it's called A-line? But not sure. And yes, I still have it! I have been using it the past few days.

As for a MJ collection bag, it was my cherry tart patchwork Ines!!! :nuts: I still use it!

mine was my stam. and i still have her. fell in love as soon as i saw that karen elson editorial. i thought it was chanel, i went on TFS and frantically began searching for what and who that bag was by. i found out...was entranced like i'd never been before and somehow in a weird twist of fate in my life, was gifted one by my dad from BG...the first designer thing i'd ever owned...i still have her and just love it to pieces. the color is perfect for me, and it's held up quite well considering i use it alot.

Great thread! I *think* my first was the black Stella but it might have been the almond Sophia...they were neck in neck! I no longer have either of them (shocking, I know:rolleyes:) but they got me hooked! My first MbMJ was a camo Terri which eventually went to someone who is now an active TPFer:smile:

Mine was the Blake in Fuschia ( I still can't spell it right!) which I got right around this time last year. I just sold her. It's still my most favorite color, but the bag was just too heavy for me. I got a pomegranite venetia the next day which I still have and love.

my first foray into MJ was a camo MBMJ turnlock teri that turned out to be from the lovely pursemonkey. I no longer have it.

My first MJ was a black zc--first back a tapioca wonderbag. I have neither any longer.

My first MJ was a black Julianne. I still have it and love it! Like tad, I wanted a bag that wasn't instantly recognizable.
I just recently bought my first MBMJ, a huge Hillier in black. I'll never give it up!