What was your very FIRST CHANEL PURCHASE?

bijou

O.G.
Feb 21, 2006
hello :flowers: i was just curious what everyones first chanel was & how old they were :smile: i really want a chanel purse, but i don't know what a good one to start off with would be :smile: photos are welcomed (since i'm new to chanel i'm not really familiar with all the styles :P)

This past feb. I bought my first chanel- 2.55 gray reissue. I'm 38 and have been hooked on chanel ever since!!! I think I've averaged 1 chanel bag a month since that purchase!:love:

My first one was the jumbo classic flap bag in black caviar. Still love it ;) Its my everyday bag.

For the pics, you can go through this forum (or my threads) and look for
it there.

I got my first Chanel classic back in the 90s, I think when I was 20 or 21, so it's probably 16 years old or so. I got the small lambskin with gold hardware and took that bag everywhere! That purse got scratched but still looks good - I just have to condition it.

I bought my first Chanel bag in 2004. I bought a Cambon bowler in black with white CC's ... I saw the large tote in the display window and had to go into the Chanel boutique. To be honest, I wasn't really into the classic flaps (I thought they were a little old ladyish) but buying my first Chanel made me appreciate ALL the Chanel pieces.

that's a loaded question for me! LOL!
I bought my 'dream bag' - the Grand Shopping tote - 1st photo, but coulnd't bring myself to remove the tags.
I kept it for about a week or so adn took it back for my REAL dream bag! I knew it was right as I clipped the tags off as soon as I got her home!
It's teh Luxury Line Flap in Metallic black. Weird really since I SWORE I wouldn't carry a flap bag, but this one is SO beautiful and unique!
{2nd & 3rd photos}:love:

I'm 31 BTW!

Attachments

• DSCF1323.jpg
    DSCF1323.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 3,403
  • DSCF1347.jpg
    DSCF1347.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 3,365
  • DSCF1336.jpg
    DSCF1336.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 3,372
I'm way late to the party! For my 46th birthday last month I bought myself the beige/black Reporter bag on sale. And I never would have known about the sale if wasn't for the awesome PF!!

Attachments

• ChanelShoulder.JPG
    ChanelShoulder.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 3,340
  • ChanelArm.JPG
    ChanelArm.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 3,313
My first Chanel piece is my Cambon bowling bag. My second Chanel piece is the Gold Medallion Tote but the hardware was fragile and broke, so I exchanged it for a silver one. I absolutely love it :love: It's the perfect everyday bag. Hopefully my third piece will be a classic jumbo flap :graucho:

Attachments

• latest handbagpic3.jpg
    latest handbagpic3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 3,306
like you, pursegalsf, my first piece of CHANEL is the Cambon Bowling bag... JUST LIKE YOURS!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Hopefully when i get older, i'll get a Classic Flap or something... :smile:

bijou said:
hello :flowers: i was just curious what everyones first chanel was & how old they were :smile: i really want a chanel purse, but i don't know what a good one to start off with would be :smile: photos are welcomed (since i'm new to chanel i'm not really familiar with all the styles :P)

Hi. My first Chanel piece was a medium sized classic flap in caviar. I was 23.

By the way, bijou, are those cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery on your avatar?