What was your most expensive haircut? Was it worth it?

My most expensive was also MY WORST. It took place 4 months ago & it was bad enough that my hair is still in a pony tail 99% of the time. So, my opinion is just because I went into the nicest salon in town doesn't mean it was worth it. I don't know where to go from here!

$30 with $5-$10 tip (includes: wash, cut, blowdry, and even a eyebrow trip and shape!)

BEST haircut I ever had! I keep going to the same guy at the same place but I moved out of state.. but whenever I go back, I go there

I got my haircut yesterday. While I am pleased with the result, I am not, like, looking at myself with every passing window display as I am walking down the street just to look at my new gorgeous 'do. Was it worth $125 for my haircut? No. My stylist did give me the side bangs and layers I asked for; but after some consideration, I think I could have walked into a salon giving $80, $60, or maybe even $40 haircuts, and I could have probably gotten the same thing. On the plus side, my stylist spent a whopping one hour and fifteen minutes cutting my straight black hair -- it was by far my longest haircut, and I know she put in the effort to get my layers and my side bangs perfect. It was a good experience, but it is unlikely I would go back there because my initial thought walking out of the salon was "I could have bought almost 4 NARS duo eyeshadows or a decent pair of shoes for $125." instead of "God, my haircut was totally worth the money."

Last edited:
My expensive haircut was worth every penny.

It was a makeover haircut.

I went to one of the three top salons in San Francisco for a makeup and clothing makeover. The clothing stylist recommended a hair gal to me. Yvonne cost a fortune and had a tiny salon in a building a block from Union Square.

My brother and his wife had a party. When I arrived they didn't recognize me. I was so thrilled I kept my mouth shut (I have an unusual voice). I waited quite awhile just walking around the room a bit.

Then I joined my brother's little circle and said something when he wasn't looking at me.

His head spun around and his eyes almost popped out of his head!

LOVED IT!

btw -

I couldn't afford Yvonne for every cut so I did what Malloy recommends in "Dress for Success."

I had a friend take photos of my hair from every angle. Then I took the pics to the best stylist at good but not-so-expensive salons. It took me a few appts to find my dream gal but I did.

I just moved to a new area. Thank goodness I found a great gal at the first appt. She can't style worth beans so I don't let her dry my hair. I do it at home myself.

At the end of both haircuts she looked at me with an expression that clearly said
"you LIKE this?"
ha ha

I've always had my dad or aunt cut my hair and not once have I liked the result. My latest haircut was actually my first time in a salon for a haircut. I'm 21... the stylist kept asking me what I was so nervous about.. Anyway, the haircut costed $110 + tip. It was a 2 hour haircut (my hair is veryyy long). I think he did an awesome job, but again, I don't have much experience.

The most expensive haircut I get is the one I have been getting from the same stylist for 10 years. She used to charge $85. but now is up to $100. I go every 4 weeks, but alternate between just a color ($80) and the next month color and cut ($180). She;s fab, I love her! She is 62 (very very fashionable, beutiful, exotic Persian 62 :smile:) and I can't bear the thought that she should retire; her niece works there too, and she is good, so I guess she is my back-up, or when my stylist retires. She says it won't be anytime soon, she would be bored to death (plus it is her salon so she would be there anyway to at least do the business end, and fit in a few cuts [I hope]

i usually pay between 300(only cut) to 1500 $ depending on what is done and it is totally worth it she is the ONLY one who can handle my hair
but i must say my hair is extremely important to me

My most expensive hair cut/color was $300 cdn. I went to a really nice salon in Yorkville (Toronto). I really loved my hair after the appointment. Saying that I don't think it was worth $300.

My most expensive cut was $90 + tip, and it was just "eh" to me.

The place I go now is $55 for all-over color and cut, and I love it! I'll never go anywhere else as long as I live here.

For those of you in Chicago/suburbs, I go to Colorific, they have salons all over Chicagoland and their prices are just great!