Scarves What was your gateway ~drug~ scarf?

My first H scarf, and still my absolute favorite by far, is my Equateur Maxi Twilly Cut from S/S'19. I was looking for clothing with toucans since I'm obsessed with them, and came across a pic of this online. One day later I braved the Hermes store in my city for the first time to get it. I love Dallet's vivid, detailed drawing of all those gorgeous animals. His fine lines remind me fine porcelain. Even the name of the scarf, Equateur, so exotic... When I stood there looking at it in the store I felt I was breathing the lush, humid air of that tropical forest. It really transported me. Plus this was my first time ever buying a luxury item for myself. I was captivated by everything from the brightness of the colors to quality of the silk to the way the SAs treat you like a princess.

The rest, as they say, is history...

You know there is an entire Hermes Dallet china service called Equateur right? :graucho: just sayin' :graucho:

BTW love the rust-brown jacket with this cw, brings out the big cats

You know there is an entire Hermes Dallet china service called Equateur right? :graucho: just sayin' :graucho:

BTW love the rust-brown jacket with this cw, brings out the big cats

Oh yes, I'm aware of the Equateur china... Many a time have I had to stop my finger from clicking "pay now" on the website :biggrin: Although having seen it in person, I find the colors of the china service a bit blah. The design is so much nicer on the scarf with the bright fuschia background :smile:

Attachments

• C9EE3F08-31D1-4260-A075-9F125A77579A.jpeg
    C9EE3F08-31D1-4260-A075-9F125A77579A.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 92
@doni, I believe I saw your scarf on eBay.
I don’t trust ebay, and can’t tell you if it’s real or not, and I’m also not sure what you mean by “on sale,”. As much as I don’t trust the site, I can’t help but look, and I did see the style.

I’ll tell my Hermes scarf love shortly but although I knew about them, I came to my Love late. Pucci was first love) Fortunately, most of the ones I collect are by Pierre Marie, a young designer, so I get them new from Hermes and feel comfortable they are authentic. Although I have a Tohu Bohu (who doesn’t?) that I paid full price for second hand, and I still wonder if its fake. Someday I should find an authenticator because I don’t like wearing it without knowing. In fact, I’ve never worn it.

Enough about me. Here’s the scarf I saw.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/233509991414

I hope it is real and what you wanted. I just want to help, so of course, authenticate it snd forgive me if it’s more that you want to pay.

As an aside. It’s a shame a seller charges so much for shipping. It shouldn’t be more than a couple dollars. Ah well, worth it if you get your dream.

Pierres d'orient et d'occident - Zoè Pauwels, purchased at Hermès in Milan, 1988

I took it to a dry cleaner here in SF about five years ago, and it came back with holes in three of the corners. Nothing to do in terms of repairing it (nor filing a claim) so I rolled up the corners and hemmed them and I still wear it with a leather jacket where those corners won't be seen. It hurts my heart, but I'll never throw it away, nor do I want to cut it down. It's my gold standard - when I see something that fills me with as much joy as this scarf, I know it's right for me.

That same dry cleaner used pins in another H scarf after I expressly told them not to. (Never going back there for any reason whatsoever! Still trying to find a good dry cleaner in SF...)