Scarves What was your gateway ~drug~ scarf?

May 2017, Parures de Samurais cw05. Love at first sight. Bought a bag too and had previously inherited and received as presents a couple of 90s, but this PdS was the first silkscarf I bought myself. I loved it so much that I had to buy a second one. Later came another cw.

Attachments

• E406CC9F-981E-4A47-B9C5-08B3227FDDB0.jpeg
    E406CC9F-981E-4A47-B9C5-08B3227FDDB0.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 209
May 2017, Parures de Samurais cw05. Love at first sight. Bought a bag too and had previously inherited and received as presents a couple of 90s, but this PdS was the first silkscarf I bought myself. I loved it so much that I had to buy a second one. Later came another cw.
That is a fabulous first scarf!

Reactions: Serva1
That is a fabulous first scarf!

Yes Magjes, no wonder I was sucked into the world of H carrés and have been there ever since. For some people it happens gradually, I immediately tried to get as much info about the scarves as possible. Even travelled to Paris, just to get a book about scarves! My standards are high, which have prevented me from buying something I end up rotating.

Reactions: keodi
La Femme aux semelles de Vents AW2009

You'll find more on this thread although sadly it seems all pics have vanished

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-la-femme-aux-semelles-de-vent.582891/

This is an amazing cw, was following an auction a couple of weeks ago, trying to bid on this piece. Due to hectic work I forgot to follow the bidding at the end and this same scarf “escaped from my hands”. So fun to know it was your first own purchase! I can imagine it looks great on you and you wear your tiger stripes and leopard spots well. The design is fabulous and the story this scarf tells.

This is an amazing cw, was following an auction a couple of weeks ago, trying to bid on this piece. Due to hectic work I forgot to follow the bidding at the end and this same scarf “escaped from my hands”. So fun to know it was your first own purchase! I can imagine it looks great on you and you wear your tiger stripes and leopard spots well. The design is fabulous and the story this scarf tells.

I agree the story behind the scarf is fabulous.

Hope you score one for you soon. I don't think there's a bad cw but I think the neutral would look stunning on you.

Reactions: Serva1
My first H scarf, and still my absolute favorite by far, is my Equateur Maxi Twilly Cut from S/S'19. I was looking for clothing with toucans since I'm obsessed with them, and came across a pic of this online. One day later I braved the Hermes store in my city for the first time to get it. I love Dallet's vivid, detailed drawing of all those gorgeous animals. His fine lines remind me fine porcelain. Even the name of the scarf, Equateur, so exotic... When I stood there looking at it in the store I felt I was breathing the lush, humid air of that tropical forest. It really transported me. Plus this was my first time ever buying a luxury item for myself. I was captivated by everything from the brightness of the colors to quality of the silk to the way the SAs treat you like a princess.

The rest, as they say, is history...

Attachments

• IMG_9534.JPG
    IMG_9534.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 143
My first H scarf, and still my absolute favorite by far, is my Equateur Maxi Twilly Cut from S/S'19. I was looking for clothing with toucans since I'm obsessed with them, and came across a pic of this online. One day later I braved the Hermes store in my city for the first time to get it. I love Dallet's vivid, detailed drawing of all those gorgeous animals. His fine lines remind me fine porcelain. Even the name of the scarf, Equateur, so exotic... When I stood there looking at it in the store I felt I was breathing the lush, humid air of that tropical forest. It really transported me. Plus this was my first time ever buying a luxury item for myself. I was captivated by everything from the brightness of the colors to quality of the silk to the way the SAs treat you like a princess.

The rest, as they say, is history...
I LOVE this story!
It is beautiful!

Reactions: ajaxbreaker