What was your first sign of having a shoe addiction?!

xostephie

Jan 10, 2009
I moved back in with my Dad this year to go back to school, and space is pretty tight so I thought was smart to have a shoe rack over my door, and another rack over a unused door in the hallway. Space saving at its best, right?! Well, my Dad is pretty oblivious to everything-I mean if it does not involve food or work, etc, he has no clue what's going on. Last week, he made a comment to the effect of "What on earth are you going to do if you get more shoes?!" This was my first clue that, ok, maybe I have a lot of shoes. Then, I came home today to discover a gigantic shoe rack as a present. Now, I'm pondering whether he's encouraging me to buy more shoes (I wish!:P) or if I just really have that many!

So tell me, what was the first sign that mayybbeee you like shoes *too* much?

When I realized that my closet and underneath my bed are filled with shoes and there is no more room for anymore. And also(this actually happened the other day at work) when I like just space out and think about shoes and all the ones I want to buy, I get super excited and happy when I think about it. It's even worse now because I'm going on a shopping trip next week! :smile:

it started when i trolled ebay and tpf everyday looking at/for shoes, eventhough i really should have been studying for my board exams... to this day i count it a miracle i passed the test.

then i accumulated 6 (HTF!) loubies in a month, one of them being my coveted purple lizard VPs, which was the 1st time i went over the 1K mark for shoes

finally... i realized it was a full blown disease when it all culminated in this :wtf::
attachment.php

there is no cure and i'm still infected

Attachments

• shrineb.jpg
    shrineb.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 429
Oh Carlinha! Wow. I am beyond drooling over your collection. Do you happen to wear a size 10 cause I'm pretty sure we could be BFFS!:P

Ladies, thanks for telling me your stories! I too, dream about shoes (and handbags!) a lot! It's usually one or the other, all day! I haven't stored shoes under my bed....but once I get this tall shoe rack filled, I think I know my new hiding place:yahoo:

When I told my boyfriend I was going to cut down to buying one pair of shoes per month because I felt guilty for not saving that money, and then I bought three pairs of shoes the next week!

I have Chanel, Prada, etc. but my addiction didn't start until I bought my first pair of Christian Louboutin's. I thought, "just one pair." Ha! I'm hooked. I used to splurge only on Chanel handbags, but these days I can be found scouring the internet for my next pair of CL's!